Computer case

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
In the near future, im gonna wanna upgrade my case (mostly to increase airflow cause cables are all over the place rite now). Any suggestions on cases (preferably ATX mid tower) would be appreciative.
 
I personally think the Antec 900 is really overrated.
I'd suggest one of these 2 cases:

Silverstone Fotress:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163121

NZXT Tempest:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047

I have the Silverstone Fortress and it was worth every penny I paid for that mother. I absolutely love everything about it. Everything is removable inside, all intake fans have dust filters, nice hard drive bay setup, powder coated black interior, positive pressure case, large window, outside is a nice brushed aluminum, lots of holes to route cables behind motherboard, front panel usb, audio, and firewire are in a nice accessible spot, and the thing is quieter than hell :D

The NZXT tempest was the case i was going to get before the Fortress came out. Its a very well made case, high are flow, lots of hard drive bays, nice window, and holes for cable management.
 
whats the next best to the tempest? cause i really dont wanna spend over $100 if u dont have 2 (although the room is a good plus). def am not gonna go w/ the 900 since most ppl do that & i wanna stand out in the crowd (instead of bein w/ the crowd).
 
Ya know, just look for a sale and get a full tower. You'll be so glad to have all that space. I was having some air flow problems with my last mid tower and just bought a big full size and love it. You can find good deals if you just look at the right site and the right time. I think I paid $50 for the one I have now.
 
I have the cooler master HAF 932. Its huge, and lots of air flow (very important).
 
I had a Thermaltake Xaser V Damier and it had more than enough room for anything, plus it was a SUPER solid case with tons of supports. You could drop it and it would survive. And it came with locks and alarms. Awesome awesome case.
 
I am very satisfied with my Antec 900. I would advise the use of dust filters, as this case pushes a ton of air very silently and will act like a dust magnet.
 
The coolermaster centurions are pretty good cases. I really don't know about airflow, but none of my hardware has overheated yet.
 
in my opinion the only companies worth looking at are

lian li
thermaltake
cooler master
abs
silverstone
 
I personally think the Antec 900 is really overrated.

lol YES! emphasis on really and overrated

antec doesnt make good chassis, only good power supplies, its what their company is famous for.

if you want quality go for lian li or silverstone

if you want style and great engineering go thermaltake

coolermaster cases are great also, but a little weak on features.
 
all Need to do is get one with the best air flow and a high watt- power unit you can find.
you can add a few case fans if needed. I tend to look at things simple however i do have my lines and limits.
 
I've got the Antec 180 errr or was it 190. I think it's 180. But big enough for what I have, quiet and does the job.
 
whats that site that always posts really cheap deals on computer items?? cant remember the name of it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top