Comodo Firewall Help

Beta

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
5,891
For a while, the firewall has been giving me warnings of explorer.exe and trying to use firefox to connect to the internet whenever i have firefox open with a folder or my computer open at the same time. when this happens, firefox will stop working. I could set permissions to 'allow' but im a scared panda, anyone else have to deal with this?
 
Comodo Firewall is a very good firewall but It does give you a lot of questions about allowing or not allowing for every little thing. A lot of stuff that most firewalls don't. I have been using comodo a lot now and if something comes up I do not know about I Google it. See what is pertains to and if it will do any damage to my computer. I hope this helps you out.
 
so nothing bad or strange happened after that?

not sofar, been running it for almost 5 mo now & its still goin good, I use the av too & the only issue is the occasional false alarms with winrar, but nothing that would keep me from continuing to use it.
 
People complain about Vista being anal about letting programs operate.... well Comodo is about 500X worse :P

It is, however a very good firewall you just need to keep telling it to allow things (it never kept my preferences saved for some reason), I never had any issues with it other than that when it was on my XP box.
 
I think it's basically saying that "explorer.exe launched firefox." It says this because it checks what the parent program is. Sometimes different programs will launch the same program. For instance, if a trojan fired up firefox and tried opening a bunch of web sites, comodo would then ask "program x launched firefox" and you could then block it. Something like that. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top