Raid?

xplag

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
808
I've currently got a WD 6400AAKS, but it's not quite big enough for my games/school files/Adobe Premiere. Is buying another AAKS and putting it in RAID 0 a good option? Or should I just get a larger hard drive and use 2? Any specific performance boost from RAID 0 that would be beneficial? I'd rather have another internal so I can have quicker response, my 2 externals are really slow initially, but I'm guessing it's because they spin down to save power.
 
I thought Raid 0 was to combine 2 hard drives to make one fast one, such as:
2 x 1tb 32mb buffer = 1tb 64mb buffer?
But anyways, IMO I would just get another HDD than going Raid.
Raid is for performance than memory imo.
 
Raid 0 gives you the added space, it's Raid 1 that you don't gain additional space.
I've always heard that it gives a performance boost, and since the AAKS is only 75 on newegg right now, it's affordable if there is even a slight improvement to performance.
 
raid 0 does give you a performance boost a decent one
makes 2 act as one (in a manner of speaking)
but make sure u read how to setup raid with ure motherboard
or you will be back in this forum asking how to do it or whats wrong why aint it working??
and make sure you get 2 of the same drive whick it already sounds like you know that
 
Raid 0= more faster speed and more chances for the HDD Failure
Raid 1= More protection and not losing any files
 
I'm running raid 0 on my gaming box because its faster but most raid 0's have a 10 percent failure rate while a raid 1 has a 0.075 percent failure rate. If you don't have any important data like me with my gaming box then run raid 0 if you have anything important make sure you back it up.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top