Need to choose a headset...

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I need to find a headset for someone special, but I don't have the money to buy a Turtle Beach or anything. She just needs stereo (but 5.1 would be nice) on a budget. I'm mostly concerned with the quality of the mic.

Does anybody know of a budget headset that has a good mic? I'll buy crappy audio if I can get a good mic. Circumaural is preferred.
 
Well, thanks for the list, but I'm really asking if anybody has personal experience or recommendations...
 
well i bought some plantronic 90s..they look like the gamecom1 stereo gaming headset.
bought them in 2005 and am still using them.boom mic folds up and out of the way,nice bass on them, they still sound great,and they been making heat sets for a very long time.
 
well i bought some plantronic 90s..they look like the gamecom1 stereo gaming headset.
bought them in 2005 and am still using them.boom mic folds up and out of the way,nice bass on them, they still sound great,and they been making heat sets for a very long time.

What about the quality of the mic? I've noticed that a lot of gamers online have scratchy microphones, and I don't want that at all.
 
mic works great ..clear, no static or scratching.
and a lot of that has to do with sound cards.I have a sound card, most use onboard sound.
 
Last edited:
Ya, Plantronics are excellent. Although, I do suggest you get a set that uses 1/8 plugs. Their USB sets are a little sub par on the sound quality side(playback, not mic)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top