Cant play COD4

Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
553
I had to do a reformat, and i installed COD4 no problems. But when i try and start it up it says

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

i reinstalled it once and about to do it again right now, but do any of you know how to fix this if reinstalling again doesnt work?
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't get mine to work at first either.

I tried insulting the computer, insulting the game, insulting the company, sweet talking the computer, sweet talking the game... eventually I said "Fine, you win" and walked away. It worked then. You gotta show it that you're willing to throw it out the window before it'll agree to work properly.
 
i would say update your video drivers. If you are installing from a dvd check for scratches and clean it, it might be damaged.

-Blue
 
d3dx9_34.dll is a DirectX 9 file, means it wasnt installed right, just reinstall like big said.

im aware that this is a dx9 file.

however, that does not mean that the install is corrupt. More probable is that your video driver is outdated or incompatible. But reinstalling directx might fix it, or make it worse.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top