Need New Wireless Card, SO CONFUSED

Existence.

EGO Zealot
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
1,626
Hey everyone,
I just installed Windows 7, and love it. However, my wireless card doesn't work. It doesn't work correctly with Linux, Vista, and now Windows 7.

So, I finally decided that I should throw out my Netgear WG311v2 and buy a new Wireless G PCI card. However, after looking at the pages upon pages of Rangebooster Speedmax Double band etc cards, I'm extremely confused.

I'm looking for a Wireless G PCI card for under 50 bucks Canadian. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just one compatible with Vista/Linux/7.

THIS is the card I have my mind on, but I gave up researching after a while.

Any help is appreciated,
-Existence.

EDIT: Oh, and also preferable compatible with Vista x64 too.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, I never found a wifi card that worked well for gaming on Vista 64. A 1000base-t connection is better for throwing files around anyway. I always had lag out issues, and none of the wifi "fixes" seemed to work.
 
any card that is vista compatable will work on windows 7 build 7000+.
or it should according to microsoft...

-Blue
 
There are a lot of PCI Wireless PCI adapters in Newegg that are cheap but still function as good as those in the $40-50 range. I asked what router you have because there are different data ranges even in the G (super G, G plus, etc.). You might want one that uses the max rate that your router has to further enjoy the internet.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top