sv_pure mode or bring your own skins

So what do you think about skins?

  • sv_pure mode all users us default skins

    Points: 33 58.9%
  • Bring your own skins

    Points: 23 41.1%

  • Total voters
    56
Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta go pure. Some customs give you an unfair advantage. Plus they didn't have the optioin to customize your weapons back then.
Lol
 
default. Custom skins give way to many advantages. I could turn my enemies bright pink so I could see them too.... but i don't. Seems like cheating to me really. I say play with honor. default skins.

P.S. Glad you brought up this topic, I was about to myself.
 
hmmm i use no skins and who would paint the other team purple isnt that unfair cause i didnt know bout that nor do i care lol, but my opinion is make a pure server of dod and see what happens?

and duality let me see skins haha. :)
 
I believe in the purist mode. Keep everyone at the same level. I appreciate that there are opposing views on this. I like topics that are not so clear cut - like this one :)

Thanks Quaffer!
 
The only thing I have ever changed was experimenting with different cross hairs since I had a custom for 1.3. While I'd prefer to think that people can be trusted not to hack, cheat, exploit, etc., the sad fact is that the world doesn't work that way.

I vote for pure.
 
its hard to say some people are going to cheat and use exotic skins to do better while others wont. i think if someone want their own skins they should have to submit them and get them okayed. i know it will take time but it will keep it fair.
 
I voted for pure though I'm conflicted on this one. I love idea of being able to use high-quality skins to make the game look better. However, I hate the idea of people using skins to get a competitive advantage.
 
Well, you wouldn't force everyone to dress the same way, because a few people are concealing weapons under baggy clothing.

If a few people are using graphical modifications, it's not completely ruining the game for everyone, although it might make it a bit harder for new players, most of the mods aren't game breaking.

Those that are, such as transparent walls, are easily detected. They can be demo'd tracing people through walls, making it quite obvious as too who they are.
Making people more obvious isn't that much of an advantage anyway, as kill cam essentially renders it pointless.
 
Some people use the Hi-Res skins so that the game looks realistic; that's fine, it's one reason why I play DOD:S. Other people do the "purple" people or stuff like that, and it's not cool, but I rather them have purple skins then the rest of us having to go back to the default crap. I don't feel it is a disadvantage if I look purple to them, I'm still going to kill them.
 
I have custom weapon models and sounds. They are awesome, they make the game much more aesthetically pleasing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top