im thinking of upgrading my rig

~SEGA~

Poster
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
229
does anybody have suggestions on what the best processor and video card to get


this is my current setup


Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG HM251JJ
3D mark score: 10,385.00

Thanks guys

btw im running on a laptop
(need any additional info just ask)
 
Well, that's a dang good laptop you have there. If you try and upgrade it, I'm fearing you'll run into cooling and power problems, because the parts your running are more powerful than my desktop, and it runs really really hot. Just be careful if you are going to try and upgrade it, squeeze as much cooling in as possible, and don't forget to check whether your power supply can handle the extra components. I'd still say just stick with what you have, after all, it's a laptop and the power will drain extremely quickly (if not already) if you make it even more power intensive.
 
That's a killer laptop. If you "need" to upgrade, your money would be best spent on a desktop--then you have a lot more upgrade choices.
 
Last time I checked, it was pretty much impossible to upgrade a laptops video card; I know, there are a 'few' times you can, but for the most part what you buy is what you're stuck with in a laptop.

..and that's not a bad 3Dmark score at all, especially for a laptop
 
That's a mighty fine piece of machinery you got there. If you want to upgrade, get a desktop.
 
Last time I checked, it was pretty much impossible to upgrade a laptops video card; I know, there are a 'few' times you can, but for the most part what you buy is what you're stuck with in a laptop.

..and that's not a bad 3Dmark score at all, especially for a laptop

correct.
 
Last time I checked, it was pretty much impossible to upgrade a laptops video card; I know, there are a 'few' times you can, but for the most part what you buy is what you're stuck with in a laptop.

..and that's not a bad 3Dmark score at all, especially for a laptop

yeah thats correct, in most cases the vid cards are integrated with the motherboard(not saying video is integrated), meaning to get a new card you need a new motherboard. At least thats the way it was with my XPS m1210.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top