better fps with out lowing graph settings

tactitioner

I made one post
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
8
Hey guys I play World of warcraft / DodS/ CsS/ ins/ I notice That I still have Low fps in all of the games I have a Nforce 4 motherbord AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2gb of ram also I have a geforce 9400 GT . I did have a 6600 gt and i notice that there giving me the same Fps. I think i downloaded 32bit for my graph card.. not too sure. So IM runing everything At very low display settings like 640 by 850 widescreen. but i still get low fps. I was wondering How to Get better fps with out lowing graph settings thanks for your time You can Get me on vent tactitioner or send me Pms on the site thanks sorry for the Missing periods.
 
Well the 9400 is the low end of the 9000 series. So while it is newer than the 6600 the performance isnt a huge jump as if you went with a 96 or 9800. I talked to you earlier today on vent so i would just mess with the settings in the mean time until you upgrade. The upgrade will help your FPS overall.
 
Try overclocking a bit? Wouldn't be a huge performance gain, but it'd boost your FPS a bit.
 
Save yer cash and go SLI. You already have the board. I'm going to order two 260's in a few weeks.
 
Save yer cash and go SLI. You already have the board. I'm going to order two 260's in a few weeks.
were does it say he has a sli board?
and over clocking that card might get another 5 to 10 fps. save up get a 9800.
or even a 8800 on ebay seeing there the same card.
 
were does it say he has a sli board?
and over clocking that card might get another 5 to 10 fps. save up get a 9800.
or even a 8800 on ebay seeing there the same card.

the nForce4 has dual x16's and its an nForce board so it has Sli. And what clarco said was right, its more of a newer version rather then a brand new card. You could overclock, get a better one, get another one, or just mess around. I would be careful what you do with it though because your CPU might bottleneck a good card
 
the nForce4 has dual x16's and its an nForce board so it has Sli. And what clarco said was right, its more of a newer version rather then a brand new card. You could overclock, get a better one, get another one, or just mess around. I would be careful what you do with it though because your CPU might bottleneck a good card
um i have a biostar nforce tf720 board in a rig i just built it dosent have sli.
and looking at that cpu.its most likely a 939 which didnt have sli back then.
but we wont know till he pops back in.
 
Yeah, i've got the same CPU, it's a alright cpu i might go with Intel for my next pc build since people say intel is good for gaming and is good.

But i'm going with AMD so :)

intel is to much and AMD is cheep so why not :O
 
Last edited:
That is a pretty old CPU (I have one in my server)-talking like 5 years old. I would not try to go SLI, as you are most likely being CPU limited in games right now, assuming your motherboard and powersupply can handle it in the first place. By the way, those CPUs really don't overclock well, I wouldn't even mess with that.
 
Yeah, i haven't and i don't plan on doing because that means Death.
 
um i have a biostar nforce tf720 board in a rig i just built it dosent have sli.
and looking at that cpu.its most likely a 939 which didnt have sli back then.
but we wont know till he pops back in.

Incorrect my friend. My Asus Nforce4 board has SLI with socket 939. :)
 
Incorrect my friend. My Asus Nforce4 board has SLI with socket 939. :)

Thanks for backing me up. And if you have a few hundred dollars, you can build a budget rig, or at least upgrade the Mobo/CPU/Ram
 
i really am Bad At computers.. i want to learn About them but all my friends say its a full time job to try to be up on the newest chips bc it gets outdated every day Lol
 
Thank you all for your input this is a pic of my MOtherbord box lol
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8494/box7qc.jpg
and this is the specs to my motherbord
http://techreport.com/articles.x/8026/1
i really dont have cash to be spending on new Chip sets.. can i keep what i have And upgrade small stuff to get better fps??

Your board supports SLI. I bought two Geforce 6800 XT's two years ago and they have really done me well. They were both $100.00. You can use that as an idea on what you need.
 
Your board supports SLI. I bought two Geforce 6800 XT's two years ago and they have really done me well. They were both $100.00. You can use that as an idea on what you need.

Oh and about chips. Unless you start to get into ULTRA high graphics you do not need the latest and greatest. I still own a old AMD Althon 64 3700+ overclocked to 3.0ghz with 2 gigs of 3200. I don't own or need a multi-core processor because I don't do other things while I game nor do I use alot of media programs such as Adobe Photoshop.
 
thanks for your help . I think i mite return my 9400 and get like a lower one at the same price. when i get the money i might up my ram to 4 and duel 8800 gt or xt
 
yeah, i would say NO for sure to the overclocking, just save up a bit (took me 6 months to get 1 4850 lol) and you will be able to upgrade = ] just make sure that you try and upgrade your ram and cpu when you get a new card so you aren't bottle necked, it happened to me lol

hope that helped!

sugar
 

Latest posts

Back
Top