Calling ALL Techies!

mindkrash

Poster
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
215
Does anybody know if two 9800 GTX+'s or Geforce 260/280's will fit on a ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard?
 
That board has 2 PCI-E slots (hence the SLI in its name) I don't feel it would be wise to get 2 of those cards for that particular system. The 939 socket is dated and your bottleneck will be your cpu, and / or ram. I'd upgrade at the very least to an AM2 socket and one of AMD's high up processors, or go for a new core i7 mobo for intel if you are going to drop that much money on expensive video cards.
 
exactly what he said. Your better off going with a new motherboard and processor before getting 2 video cards
 
I have a 9800 GTX+ from EVGA and that thing is huge...
 
an SLI motherboard means that it supports SLI (2 video cards)
but I really must warn you.
Other then crysis there is no game that you need something like that to play.
There are also many issues with SLI and crossfire.
And if you are to run a pc with SLI or crossfire you can only have 1 monitor.
 
SLI is not worth it when the cards you want are over 200 bucks a piece. (canadian)
 
Yup thats what I thought...your board will definitely bottleneck your gpu's, not only for the above reasons, but for the clear fact that those slots are PCI-E 1.0, not 2.0, which provides the best performance for those high-end cards.

Get a new mobo and processor is my advice.
 
an SLI motherboard means that it supports SLI (2 video cards)
but I really must warn you.
Other then crysis there is no game that you need something like that to play.
There are also many issues with SLI and crossfire.
And if you are to run a pc with SLI or crossfire you can only have 1 monitor.

The new nvidia SLI drivers allow for the use of 2 monitors, but everything else he said is pretty accurate.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top