New mouse

Endiment

Baron O'Beefdip
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,596
Okay as of tonight the left click button on my thoroughly beloved Saitek Cyborg (which I bought in honor of our then-sponsor) is crapping out :( and I will probably need a new mouse very soon. I'd like it to have at least 5 buttons (since my mouse5 button is my vent PTT button) and to be relatively compact. I hold the mouse mostly with the tips of my fingers but resting slightly in the back of my palm as well. Looking at Razer Diamondback, but if there's a similar form factor with a better sensor that'd be excellent. I've tried the Razer Copperhead and it has to be the most uncomfortable mouse on earth, even more than the Lachesis.
 
Last edited:
i have the logitech mx400... has 5 mouse buttons dont know if you've taken a look at it
 
I used to have the wireless version of that. Never was too big a fan.

Been looking at the SteelSeries Ikari Laser. Looks pretty good, apparently Gamespot editors prefer it to the Copperhead as well as the G5.
 
I use a Razer Deathadder, but I would say it's more of a full hander than a tip of the finger mouse. It is by far the best mouse I've ever had. You are probably going to end up with a list of what everyone uses here. I would recommend trying them out -- maybe Frys or the like. I would stay away from wireless mice.
 
i use the razer copperhead and find it to be one of the most comfortable mouses ive ever used lol :)
 
yeah the only place I could go to try mice where I live is best buy and they only stock the Copperhead, Lachesis, Microsoft Sidewinder, and G5 (I used to own a G5 but my grip has changed a bit and it isn't that comfortable for me anymore).

still looking at razer diamondback 3G and steelseries ikari laser.
 
yeah the Ikari steelseries is great BUT it only has two buttons but it is really smooth and a nice size
 
I like my razer diamondback... it flows smooth, with ample sensativity and on-the-fly adjustment. 7 buttons, though most games will only recognize 5. Anyways, if you want to discuss you can PM me, but I'll leave this thread to be as minimal as possible for now...
 
eh just post here, that's what the thread is for :P anyway does the diamondback have 2 thumb buttons on the right side? I can't tell from the pics. the ikari does and that's a big advantage cause I use the upper one (the forward one, mouse5) for vent.
 
I love my Logitech G9. I have both G9 and G5, but G9 is the best of them i think.
take a look at the G9 :)
 
Ok my friend brought a G5 to school and I tried it again, still not a fan of the shape. No more G5 recommendations please.

I looked at the G9, it's smaller than I thought. A possibility indeed, though it's pricier than either the Diamondback or the Ikari.

EDIT: Best Buy stocks the G9 and the Dback. if I dislike both of them I'll order the Ikari, if not I'll buy whichever I prefer. G9 is on sale there for 69.99 to anyone interested :)
 
Last edited:
well, trip to best buy was fruitful. we have a surprise winner! drumroll please...



Razer DeathAdder!

yes, this wasn't even particularly in the running, but I laid hands on it and discovered how comfortable it was and how well it fit my hand. plus, it's less expensive than the G9 or the Ikari.
 
Good choice! The DeathAdder is an awesome mouse. I also use a Razer exactmat on the xspeed side - I got it bundled with the wrist support, which I use on and off. Any good hard mouse pad would work though-gotta have a nice clean slick surface.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top