Big Boom

blade1611a

I made one post
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
10
Hey I have a friend whose computer just went like big time dead. When you hit the power button the fans and everything comes on but 5 sec. later everything dies. Then 2 sec. later it tries again without me hitting anything and then dies again 2 sec. later. I have tried a different power supply and power switch but nothing helps. Also when I take the memory out, it still does the same thing. I thought the MB was supposed to make a tone and crash if no memory was found. I'm pretty sure the Mother Board is fried but I was wanting some other opinions.

Thanks for the help

Blade[ky]

p.s. we built his rig from scratch about a year and a half ago
 
Make sure the heatsink is properly applied, this happened to me once on my rig, didnt push 3 pins fully and it would just restart randomly (within 5 seconds each time)
 
its probably the CPU fan. it overheats and everything crashes. i recommend not turning it on until you fix it because...well lets not find out what will happen
 
my first thots were "fried RAM chips" but it isn't that, my next guess would be a fried motherboard, if it were the fan it wouldn't even turn on!
 
Nope. no sound at all. just comes on and then dies.

ok since ive had 5 mobo's take a crap on me i would say that there is a 97% chance that its the motherboard. Every motherboard that i have had or have seen does make a beep..... thats how i usually tell when a motherboard is fried. I could be wrong, but im almost positive that thats whats wrong.

If it was a heatsink problem on the CPU ( AMD ) the computer would start normally and run for about 1 to 5 min before shut off, or if you have the lovely intell it would just sizzle, fart and then blow up!! :D

Well i hope that helped a lil bit lol
 
Literally the exact same thing happened to me. However, if I took out the harddrive, the computer booted up just fine. (But without a harddrive). Figured out it got fried, so I sent it in for warranty, and now its all good.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top