Radeon vs GeForce

Graphic card and computer made for /motherboad

ATI is made for AMD processors / motherboards and AMD makes ATI graphic card cards. NVIDIA is made for intel motherboards/systems. Also, if you have a AMD system go with ATI graphic card and if have a intel system goes with NVIDIA.
 
ATI is made for AMD processors / motherboards and AMD makes ATI graphic card cards. NVIDIA is made for intel motherboards/systems. Also, if you have a AMD system go with ATI graphic card and if have a intel system goes with NVIDIA.

No....just no.

I run almost exclusively Intel systems...and I always run ATI graphics cards. Explain that plx?

/facepalm

~Gooda~
 
Gooda pwns.

My friend has a 4670 and it works great so I see no reason why a 4850 wont be better! None of my friends have Nvidia's except a few who I dont really see much. We all own ATIs (maybe Canada is more ATI friendly because it was originally a Canadian company I think?). I have a 2600XT which isnt great but it gets the job done and it was good a year ago haha.
 
ATI is made for AMD processors / motherboards and AMD makes ATI graphic card cards. NVIDIA is made for intel motherboards/systems. Also, if you have a AMD system go with ATI graphic card and if have a intel system goes with NVIDIA.

Not true, there are are motherboards which support crossfire or SLI, and AMD makes Ati graphics cards. (not vice-versa with intel though).
 
ATI is made for AMD processors / motherboards and AMD makes ATI graphic card cards. NVIDIA is made for intel motherboards/systems. Also, if you have a AMD system go with ATI graphic card and if have a intel system goes with NVIDIA.

The intel chipsets supported crossfire before they supported SLI. I'm not sure where you got the idea that intel and nvidia perform better together, but if you can show some evidence of that then by all means do so.

Performance is roughly the same (give or take 5 FPS depending on benchmark used with the 4850 with an ever so slight unnoticeable advantage). Don't listen to the fanboys get whichever one you can find for less money.
 
Last edited:
The intel chipsets supported crossfire before they supported SLI. I'm not sure where you got the idea that intel and nvidia perform better together, but if you can show some evidence of that then by all means do so.

Performance is roughly the same (give or take 5 FPS depending on benchmark used with the 4850 with an ever so slight unnoticeable advantage). Don't listen to the fanboys get whichever one you can find for less money.

No. Like I said, the 4850 will completely decimate the 8800/9800GT. It's like comparing a GTX295 to a 3870.

~Gooda~
 
Sure why not if you call a 5 FPS or and a few hundred 3dmark points decimation. I wouldn't.

Since I don't want to go link you 10 different reviews of the cards just take a look at tomshardware sum of FPS for 1680x1050 benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...2008/Sum-of-FPS-Benchmarks-1680x1050,798.html

See where the 4850 is in comparison to the 9800 GTX. Mmmm decimation unequivocally.

Here it is decimating the 9800 GTX by 400 3dmark points

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...2008/3DMark06-v1.1.0-HDR-SM3.0-Score,793.html

Verdict? The 4850 is the better card. Is it worth even $20 more than the 9800? No. Newegg has them both for the same price, get the 4850 because it is slightly better. Gooda is right it would be silly to get the 9800 when the slightly better card can be had for the same price. Fair enough?
 
Last edited:
Sure why not if you call a 5 FPS or and a few hundred 3dmark points decimation. I wouldn't.

Since I don't want to go link you 10 different reviews of the cards just take a look at tomshardware sum of FPS for 1680x1050 benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...2008/Sum-of-FPS-Benchmarks-1680x1050,798.html

See where the 4850 is in comparison to the 9800 GTX. Mmmm decimation unequivocally.

Here it is decimating the 9800 GTX by 400 3dmark points

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...2008/3DMark06-v1.1.0-HDR-SM3.0-Score,793.html

Verdict? The 4850 is the better card. Is it worth even $20 more than the 9800? No. Newegg has them both for the same price, get the 4850 because it is slightly better. Gooda is right it would be silly to get the 9800 when the slightly better card can be had for the same price. Fair enough?

You compared a 9800GTX when he's talking about a 9800GT. I said the 4850 would decimate a 9800GT. Not a GTX.

Way to fail.

~Gooda~
 
Easy there Gooda, put the pistol down. Nice and gentle... m'kay? I'm a ATI fan myself, but methinks you ought to calm down a smidge.

Lol, I'm fine. He's being sarcastic in his reply, so I'm doing the same. I know when an ATI card is beat, but I also know when it's not. Obviously he didn't read OPs post when he decided to come blazing in with his benchmark proof and made a fool of himself.

~Gooda~
 
I'll say that I run a ASUS 4850 and it performs well. I can run all of the Source games maxed out with no drops in FPS and was able to run Crysis on as high as I can with no DX10 (I run XP) and any game I have installed since getting the 4850 I was able to immediately but it on the max and not worry.

I think you are asking about a Sapphire? Well I think those cards are also great. We put a Sapphire 3870 in Project Kari and it is able to tackle most things the 4850 can. the 3870 is actually running with DDR 4 memory if I remember correctly. I like to say Xenophek and I have a Corvette and Kari is using a souped Camaro. A friend of ours runs a an NVida card it is either a 9800 or 9600 GTX and he doesn't seem to have many problems with it either.
 
A friend of ours runs a an NVida card it is either a 9800 or 9600 GTX and he doesn't seem to have many problems with it either.

He's using a Palit 9600 GT that has 1 GB of DDR3. It works well, but stutters a wee bit in Crysis at all High. If I remember correctly.

Gooda, you call 'em like you see em, that's for sure, but maybe leave the "Way to fail" part off next time.
 
As 9837423943 others have said, the 4850 is the way to go. The only reason I have a 9800gt is because I'm a dedicated evga customer and because it came with WaW
 
I'll say that I run a ASUS 4850 and it performs well. I can run all of the Source games maxed out with no drops in FPS and was able to run Crysis on as high as I can with no DX10 (I run XP) and any game I have installed since getting the 4850 I was able to immediately but it on the max and not worry.

I think you are asking about a Sapphire? Well I think those cards are also great. We put a Sapphire 3870 in Project Kari and it is able to tackle most things the 4850 can. the 3870 is actually running with GDDR 4 memory if I remember correctly. I like to say Xenophek and I have a Corvette and Kari is using a souped Camaro. A friend of ours runs a an NVida card it is either a 9800 or 9600 GTX and he doesn't seem to have many problems with it either.

Fixd. DDR =/= GDDR

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top