l4d issues.

anti-flag

I made one post
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
3
recently i was starting to have video troubles with l4d so i downloaded the newest NVIDIA display adapters. Then once i restarted my computer it went into this self check mode so once that was all over i tried playing l4d again and i was having massive amounts of lagg, the flashlight would appear as a bright white box, the single player menu would just dissappear altogether whenever you clicked on it, and all the sound would just come out as a loud screech...

is there anyway to fix this?....
 
whats your gpu/drivers/did you update source/did you tamper with any program files
 
Try reinstalling Left 4 Dead. If that doesn't work then rollback your display drivers.
 
um.. i don't exactly know my gpu/drivers.. but i didn't update source or go anywhere near program files. I just went to steams technical support and they offered and free driver update so i did that and all of the sudden that stuff started happening, im gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
 
Did you make sure to download the nvidia drivers for your specific card series? If you install the wrong ones it can be bad. What series is you card? For example, I have an 8600GT (lol i know). It would be an 8 series.
 
Depending on your card if it supports the physx drivers make sure you uninstall those as well. Reason I am saying this is recently I have had issue with L4D.Nothing like what you have, mine was more of a jittery mouse. going from nothing to super sensitive. I know it wasn't the mouse because I tried different mice and it was only on the game. After going back to some old drivers I decided to install the new ones again but this time remove the physx drivers also and it worked. That could be sure issue.

Sure the driver program installs the new driver for physx but it doesn't remove the previous one just like video drivers do.

Its worth a try. Good Luck
 
Depending on your card if it supports the physx drivers make sure you uninstall those as well. Reason I am saying this is recently I have had issue with L4D.Nothing like what you have, mine was more of a jittery mouse. going from nothing to super sensitive. I know it wasn't the mouse because I tried different mice and it was only on the game. After going back to some old drivers I decided to install the new ones again but this time remove the physx drivers also and it worked. That could be sure issue.

Sure the driver program installs the new driver for physx but it doesn't remove the previous one just like video drivers do.

Its worth a try. Good Luck

i thought the aegia physics engine was built into the nvidia drivers.

from your description of your problem here it sounds like you downloaded the wrong drivers. to figure out your video card right click on my computer and hit properties. then click the hardware tab. then go to device manager and click the plus next to display adaptors. that should list your video card. next find your operating system by right clicking my computer and properties again. it should tell you your operating system there.

I will find the driver you need if you tell me those two things, your video card make and your operating system. or you can try it yourself.

oh and btw i highly doubt reinstalling the game will fix anything.

-Blue
 
Whenever you update your video drivers you should uninstall the old ones first. Then run DriverSweeper to completely remove them. If you don't do this, there may be conflicts between the old and new drivers that mess up your video.

It is not necessary to do this, but I highly recommend it.
 
i thought the aegia physics engine was built into the nvidia drivers.

from your description of your problem here it sounds like you downloaded the wrong drivers. to figure out your video card right click on my computer and hit properties. then click the hardware tab. then go to device manager and click the plus next to display adaptors. that should list your video card. next find your operating system by right clicking my computer and properties again. it should tell you your operating system there.

I will find the driver you need if you tell me those two things, your video card make and your operating system. or you can try it yourself.

oh and btw i highly doubt reinstalling the game will fix anything.

-Blue

If you look in your control panel (at least in mine) the nvidia physx drivers are separate when uninstalling them. You are right they are part of the package when you install them but not when you remove them.
 
Back
Top