Microphone/ Sound Blaster MAJOR issue.

BraveLittleToaster

Active Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
358
So here is the deal. I inherited my husbands old computer when i got him a new one for his birthday. So I put a walmart soundblaster card in it, which is apparently called the "Audigy Value" according to the driver. Installed the driver and the sound works great with my surround speakers....however. When I put the mic in it goes through line in and i CANNOT get windows to use it right. When I go into the sound and audio devices i went into the test hardware section and it works to the point that I have to literally have the mic in my mouth. Beyond that I noticed that it's got line in muted and it tries to mute my microphone, well now it won't let me untick either. PLEASE for the love of god someone help me before I shoot my computer, and I'll do it. Don't test me lol.

(ps running XP sp 3, audigy drivers from creatives website listed as current drivers.)


BLT
 
sounds like driver conflict to me, if your comp had on-board sound before, did you uninstall the previous sound drivers (probably realtek)?
 
You know what I didn't I'll have to take a look and take care of that. That would make perfect sense. I'll let you guys know if that solves it.

BLT
 
glad to be of assistance!:D it's something people never remember to do, even though when someone points it out they're like "oh yeah, that's pretty obvious.."=p on the other hand, it's pretty dumb of the companies who create sound drivers not to put some code in there to ask the user and uninstall any previous drivers.. let us know if that fixed it!!
 
lol some companies actualy do that but it cost them like 5$ per code to install it apparently from what i am told. so thats why they dont do it, to me i think its cheap and inexpensive that way. but hey i dont work for them lol. good luck with your mic getting fixed :)
 
Also, a lot of Sound Blaster cards have what is called a "Flex-jack". The flex jack can be changed to either a line-in(un-amped) or mic-in(amped) state depending on what you want to do with it. If you open the volume panel in the quick bar and go to option, you should see a check box for recording. Open that up, and it will take you to the recording volume panel. In it, you should see at least a couple of volume sliders. Find the one that says microphone, make sure it is selected, and then adjust the volume until it is adequate.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top