woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Rat

Active Member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
307
Check it out!

I took this shot this weekend at a WWII Reenactment held at Camp Roberts, CA. My battery died before the Germans got there, so no shots of them or their armor.

3379436021_513982ac10_b.jpg


A few more (like 4 more - stupid battery) at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akula06/

Info on CA WWII Reenacting at:
http://www.chgww2.net/
 
Last edited:
how did ur battery die before the germans got there lol? someone commit mass suicide/murder lol. XD
but the pics are awsome still btw :)
 
It concerns me that that guy is standing behind the bazooka with a hammer.

That rifleman is a SPY! Tampering with that sentry.
 
There were no digital cameras in that era, but kewl pic

yeah, that's the farby part I almost cropped out. I decided that the strap and the darkness of the camera in his hand lended speculation enough that it could be interpreted as a Brownie or Kodak, which were period correct.

how did ur battery die before the germans got there lol? someone commit mass suicide/murder lol. XD
but the pics are awsome still btw :)

I charged the batteries for my Leica and then left with my Canon. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off... I got a haircut but forgot to shave, the company sergeant made me shave at the barracks. I was a mess.

It concerns me that that guy is standing behind the bazooka with a hammer.

That rifleman is a SPY! Tampering with that sentry.

lol. the hammer was used to fix a metal bar in place. since we're not really allowed to fire rockets, the thing fires a shotgun shell full of powder with a wax seal at the end. it makes a lot of noise and smoke so the tankers know they're dead.

the metal bar in the back holds the shotgun shell in so that when the thing goes off it doesn't shoot out going backward. that actually happened once that day and almost hit a guy in the head.

So totally awesome! How does one become involved in such a group?:drool:

I put a link to the CHG (Ca Historical Group) in the original post. You can see a list of Allied and Axis units, visit their sites and decide if the hobby / unit is for you. I am in the 2nd Infantry Division, that's our bazooka. the guys holding it are 2nd Rangers.

there's another organization called the RPS that holds reenactments in the overall Pacific Northwest. CHG is more local to me, so I went with them. if you google "rps ww2" you can check them out.
 
That's a really neat thing to be a part of, thanks for posting the picture. It's awesome to see everyone dressed up in period garb.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top