Overclocking help. Very simple question

Kibo

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
812
So I have a laptop running 2.1 GHz. Would it be worth it to overclock it just to 2.2 GHz so I could run Assassin's Creed cleanly? I realize its a crappy game, but its only ten bucks and I want it. Dont judge me. Just answer the question =]

Also if possible, how do I do it?
 
What's the exact model of your laptop? Overclocking an extra 100Mhz isn't going to do anything for your frames.
 
Its a HP dv5, X2 dual-core Mobile ZM-80

and its ATI Mobility radeon HD 3450 video card
 
Well, first of all nearly every single laptop, does not allow over clocking. Unless its a really expensive gaming laptop. I just looked and saw you couldn't if you wanted to. The game will install, but it might not be playable.
 
ugh well it runs on minimum settings, just not reccomended settings. Would you sggest I get it if I run it on lower settings?
 
If it is within the minimum, then you just need to work through the settings for best quality with best performance, trial and error, just start with the lowest settings first and work upwards, if you start lagging, lower the settings until you stop.
 
lol assasins creed is not a crappy game first of all :P

i would recommend not overclocking a laptop. laptops are made poorly in most cases(no pun intended) in such a way to just meet the bare minimum requirements for your hardware configuration. overclocking a laptop will most likely throw any stability you have out the window, making it not worthwhile in the long run.

-Blue
 
LOL you are trying to run creed with 2g of ram on a vista system thats your problem right there
 
Why would you overclock a laptop ? It's already running waaay too hot..
 
I tried overclocking my laptop. It didn't like that much. You ask if it's possible... well, yes it is. You can do it, but it'll be catastrophic. The bards will tell tales of The Laptop that Melted.

I think SpeedFan will give you a software overclock if you configure it correctly. Something like that is about the only way to get the job done.
 
It's possible, but upping your CPU by 100Mhz won't make any difference. Also, you'll be hard pressed to find a laptop that can overclock in the BIOS, so you're stuck with software overclocking, which is most cases, is a bad idea.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top