The Conficker Worm: Do you have it?

Allster

EGO Addict
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
1,225
The Conficker C worm, also known as the April Fool's worm... do you have it?
Here are some simple steps to check if you have the famous April Fool's worm.

1. Go to your Control Panel
2. Go to Security
3. Click on Security Center
4. Where it says: "Automatic Updating" check to see if its ON
(If it is off, you most likely have the Worm already infected in your computer because that is one of the first things it does to your computer)

If you did have it "Automatic Updating" on OFF, just to be safe, open up Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then Windows Update.
The Worm also does not let you connect to the Microsoft website, if you can connect, than your system should be okay.

PS: Also make sure your Anti-Virus is up to date for that extra security sense

Video Source: [ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/03/28/dcl.data.doc.computer.worm.cnn[/ame]

Just thought I might throw this out there ;)
 
Just about the only way to get rid of it is a reinstall. Beware, virus.win32.virut quickly follows... and the only way to get rid of it is with a 24 kaspersky scan or a hard drive reformat.
 
I got something similar to this on my laptop. It was a good time to do a factory reboot on my laptop anyway (it had been some 3 years) so I wasn't overly concerned.
 
My automatic updates are always off 0.0

Oh noes.

Nah, I don't worry. Avast has me covered. Though, I haven't done a scan lately. Might as well do it now.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top