Anyone Know What The Phonetic Alphabet (NATO) Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got them all...but I sorta cheated as I am training to be a helicopter pilot, :D
 
For some reason I have a brain malfunction and always think that n is navajo not november. That was one of the few wrong answers I had in ground school.
 
100% correct (opps I should - Im a pilot too!!!)

Should try this for the MORSE CODE -.-. --.- -.. . ...- . ...-- --. --.. -.- (I'm a ham too!)
 
100% correct (opps I should - Im a pilot too!!!)

Should try this for the MORSE CODE -.-. --.- -.. . ...- . ...-- --. --.. -.- (I'm a ham too!)

:cursing: Language please!! Oh wait, that's a dot not a dash....never mind. ;)heh.


Got 'em all except GULF, I learned it as GOLF. In fact I was in a cockpit when PAPA GOLF was in our call sign.
 
100% correct (opps I should - Im a pilot too!!!)

Should try this for the MORSE CODE -.-. --.- -.. . ...- . ...-- --. --.. -.- (I'm a ham too!)

wow, you really know morse code:mellow:?:blink: cool:thumbup1:
 
Dont have to learn morse for ham anymore....i think last year they changed it. I considered it for awhile.
 
You guys got the code -- here is what it means:

CQ (calling all stations)

DE ( this is)

VE3GZK (is my call sign - VE for Canada - 3 for Ontario - GZK me!!)

Been a ham for 40 years -- had to know Morse Code for the permit. 73
 
Got Em All but I cheated. I have been in the Military for 24 years 8D. At least I got something outta it 8)
 
yeah, my 10 years in Communications in the USAF gave me an advantage. i still sometimes use them when talking to customers (computer support) over the phone, too. ;)

it is GOLF.

if you use something different, but the word you pick is easily distiguishable as starting with one particular letter, then for most people it won't really matter even if they know the "correct" word for the letter in question. :)

a game we used to play when I worked in the base comm center was to use anything BUT the correct words during our normal day to day work (when talking to each other, and not other stations). the more obscure the word, the better. it made some of the 12 hour shifts go much faster, thats for sure. :D
 
You guys got the code -- here is what it means:

CQ (calling all stations)

DE ( this is)

VE3GZK (is my call sign - VE for Canada - 3 for Ontario - GZK me!!)

Been a ham for 40 years -- had to know Morse Code for the permit. 73

I also had to learn it for my permit. Been a ham for almost nineteen years now. My call is N5SEY.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top