Vent issue

ZJXMaddog

Poster
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
221
Well every time I load up ventrilo my dad is lagging on his game which is BF2. Does anyone know why this could be happening?
 
Because vent uses your internet and BF2 uses the internet. When you have 2 things running on the internet it means both don't get a great connection.
 
Is there any way that I can make it so he doesn't lag? Because I usually use vent a lot.
 
Well thats a problem seeing as I live out in the country and this is the best we can get.
 
If your router has the ability, try and set a QoS so that BF2 takes precedence for the bandwidth over Vent. Granted, this won't give you the best quality in Vent, but he should have a better experience in BF2.
 
theres some other problem that that. a 3 meg connection should easily handle BF2 and vent.

check your speed again, its definately not 3 megs or there's something hogging your line.

www.speedtest.net - post your results.
 
Well thats a problem seeing as I live out in the country and this is the best we can get.

I hear you man, I'm in the county too and we got crappy internet (best download speed I can get is 400 KB/s)

But their installing cable fiber :)
 
If your router has the ability, try and set a QoS so that BF2 takes precedence for the bandwidth over Vent. Granted, this won't give you the best quality in Vent, but he should have a better experience in BF2.

This sounds like the best idea. But with a 3m line you shouldnt need to do this. 3m should be enough for both. But doing the above quote will make sure BF2 get most of your connection. I am thinking when you log into vent it is spliting your connection in half between both comps. even if yours doesnt need that much bandwidth.
 
Back
Top