Soldier's Shotgun Might Be When They Update It

I still vote for concussion grenades in exchange for the shotty. Low damage but lots of knockback. Good at displacing ubers or clearing capture points. Give the soldier a more defensive capability. Call it "War and Pieces"

Shovel, I think should be special in that it forces a player to spin 180 degrees when struck by it. Good for assaulting those heavies, I think. Called it the "About Face"

Rocket launcher I'm still undecided on. I think something "heat seaking" would be a little too hard to program into a fast game as well as making the soldier kinda idiot proof. I'd be willing to see a rocket launcher that traded 4 rockets for one guaranteed and slightly more powerful crit. Akin to being able to take on an overhealed heavy... however splash damage is considerably less, so a direct hit is required to ensure the most damage to compensate for reload time. Called it the "Art of War".

Thoughts?


Both of these are way too overpowered I think. Uber is gimped enough already, now with scouts being added to the list of people that can totally annihilate an uber-push on a point, with a well-aimed baseball. All of the sudden the heavy waddles too far away from the stunned medic and KAPOW, no more uber. Or the heavy/target just stands for several seconds, either stunned or waiting for the stunned medic to come to, wasting a third or more of the uber time.

And crit rockets can annihilate clustered groups of enemies, as long as they aren't heavies or overhealed. You'd basically be giving the soldier a ridiculous amount of on-demand firepower. People cry as it is that crits are OP on the rocket launcher, so why give him one that's MORE powerful, and not random? That'd just be begging for people to cry nerf, if you ask me.



I do like that landmine/shovel idea that L0ck-0n posted. But, I doubt TF2 will EVER have friendly fire. Maybe friendly pushback, but even that would be pushing it (pun intended). I'm not saying it'd be better, but I think a more likely implementation of this idea would be a mine that is only set off by enemies and only damages enemies, and would damage the soldier who planted it, but not be able to be triggered by him.
 
Hmm, another thought is giving him an AOE battle shout that increases speed/firepower for his team. Runs in yelling "Alright you maggots, give em' everything you got"
 
Primary : RPG with lazar guided

Secondary : Old primary(for rocket jumps) but less damage and half clip size(12 total rockets)

Melee : a shovel with spicks(no abilty knowen right now)
 
self-triggering Stikky bombs ?!


ps: Should work on spys to :[ even when disguised...
 
Rocket Launcher Shotgun: (not the really name but you get the picture.)

Fires 1 rocket just like the flare gun,and loads like one

Weaker than the normal rocket, but you can still rocket jump with it

Also a bit faster than the rocket launcher

I really don't think the soldier needs MORE explosives. He needs something that doesn't take so long to travel, hence giving him the shotgun in the first place.

Assault rifle would be delicious though.
 
I really don't think the soldier needs MORE explosives.

The only reason, why I think that the soldiers shotgun is going to fire a rocket is, because Valve's done the other classes secondary weapon have their special ablity in it, such as the Pyro's Flare Gun.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top