Compatibility,Heating,Cleaning

mattdabatt

Poster
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
108
1 Compatibility
i was wondering how can you tell if your motherboard is compatible with RAM?
(i think my motherboard is asus m3a78-cm, RAM is G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

2 Heating
If your computer ever starts to heat up, what can you do?(i got a new computer and this my biggest fear since my last one died like this)

3Cleaning
How often do you clean your computer or how often do you recommend it?
 
1)Memory
Number of Memory Slots 4?240pin
Memory Standard DDR2 1066
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel

2) The best way to keep a computer cool is to keep it away from dusty, smokey, humid inviroments.

3) The best way to keep a computer clean is to keep it away from dusty, smokey, humid inviroments. Clean it out if you notice large portions of dust collecting on fans, vents, and heatsinks.
 
Last edited:
1 Compatibility
i was wondering how can you tell if your motherboard is compatible with RAM?
(i think my motherboard is asus m3a78-cm, RAM is G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Look up the specs on the board on the manufacturers site. Any board with DDR2 slots *should* support up to DDR2-800 (DDR2's max speed spec), and may support more depending on it's capabilities (such as DDR2-1066 ram)

2 Heating
If your computer ever starts to heat up, what can you do?(i got a new computer and this my biggest fear since my last one died like this)
Define heating up? What component? I'll assume you mean the CPU. There's not much you can do, but the heatsink you have should be able to cope with any heat it puts out at stock frequencies and voltages. Do realize, CPUs are built to withstand a lot of heat (I think P4s had more heat output per/cm3 than a spaceshuttle's booster rockets) and most modern CPUs (C2D+) can handle up to 71*c (generally). Laptop CPUs are even more resiliant, my T7300 can handle up to 100*c (according to Intel). If you download CoreTemp (http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp32.zip - 32bit version), you'll be able to tell how hot each core is. If you're under 71*c, you should be good for years

3Cleaning
How often do you clean your computer or how often do you recommend it?
As in dust? I've got a compressed can of air that I blow in various areas every once in awhile. Be careful though, as it may release a liquid if used too quickly (or shaken up) or sprayed upside down, so be sure your computer is off to minimize the risk of shorting something.

Check the bolded parts :D

~Gooda~
 
I take the side of my computer every other month and give it a GOOD cleaning... canned air... vacuum (adjustible suction and turn it down low)...

I clean my grills off every week since I have an Antec 900 and I have cats, so I have to clean the grills off.

If you are REALLY worried about overheating, get a better heatsink/fan for your CPU... I have the Zalman 9500 and it does wonders for the Texas heat... now I just need to find a better HSF for my old box that is going to the garage for use as a mdeia driver and internet computer to repair cars...... :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top