DOD Night Shift?

ST0RMY

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
3,745
Hey guys and Gals, I was just wondering if anyone else here works the night shift or lives in a country where it would basically be the nightshift in the US. I work from 5:00pm to 2:00am (Pacific) and i have to say its hard to find people with a similar schedule!
 
Yeah the traffics good but the lack of socializing sucks, huh?

Yeah traffic is not a problem at all. I live within walking distance to my job which is nice. As far as socializing is concerned the people at work annoy me to the point were I don't want to bother with people the rest of the day. So I just keep to myself most of the time. :thumbup1:
 
Well if things go well today I'll be working 4pm to midnight my local time, as well as running a business with my hubby lol. The place I'm interviewing today is a block from my house so that will be sweet. I used to work 2pm to 10 pm though and I loved how light traffic was. I'm pretty antisocial all around lol so in that aspect i couldn't tell you but most people I know work similar night schedules.
 
hehe 11pm till 7am central time it sucks and takes some getting use to... as well from your family and friends but the people on 3rd shift are usually better/relaxed best thing about 3rd your the last to pass out at parties ;-)
 
I used to work 6:30pm to 4:00am and boy did that suck. I was a nocturnal beast, in the winter I would not see daylight as the sun would be set by the time i awoke.
 
i work 4am-noon central time. its more early morning. but i like it. i have the hole day to do whatever. now that its summer i get off at a perfect time to make it to a lot of chicago cubs games.
 
yea...there arent too many late nighters...considering stores dont have night shifts like that for the most part...since most employees are store employees
 
I used to work 6:30pm to 4:00am and boy did that suck. I was a nocturnal beast, in the winter I would not see daylight as the sun would be set by the time i awoke.

Yeah when i first started the night shift i felt like a freakin vampire! I was afraid my eyes would adjust to the darkness and for the rest of my life id have to wear sunglasses...lol im so dumb!
 
Yeah traffic is not a problem at all. I live within walking distance to my job which is nice. As far as socializing is concerned the people at work annoy me to the point were I don't want to bother with people the rest of the day. So I just keep to myself most of the time. :thumbup1:

Man we sound a lot alike i just have a few friends at work and the rest of the people i just annoy me, i was so stressed out all the time until i took up target shooting! (ummm just to clarify i only shoot paper and clay targets!)
 
Well if things go well today I'll be working 4pm to midnight my local time, as well as running a business with my hubby lol. The place I'm interviewing today is a block from my house so that will be sweet. I used to work 2pm to 10 pm though and I loved how light traffic was. I'm pretty antisocial all around lol so in that aspect i couldn't tell you but most people I know work similar night schedules.

I remember you! I cant belive you like the 30cal over the MG42!!!1!!1one!11

Yeah im not too social either but it still sux when i miss a party and i cant even hang out with anyone after work, so i play video games alot!

PS: Hope you get that job.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top