The day without demos (my dream)

Demoman aren't overpowered, the players who play them are just smarter, for instance pyro's are running to them, I have seen it so many times that I put a sticky right in front of them and all the do is just W+mouse1, no wonder they get killed, and then they are complaining that demoman are overpowered.
Engies sitting behind their sg, wondering why they get killed after placing 4 stickies around the sg
heavies on a distance trying to take down a demoman with a medic, that is just not going to work with the spread of the minigun, and there are tons of examples here

Demoman will keep their distance, as long as they have that, they will kill you, atleast if the demoman can aim.

Why do you think I have over 121 bottle kills, mainly because the reload time is so long that after an uber you don't even have a choice then shoot 1 sticky at a time, or use the bottle.

It is all about tactics, how do you take them out, is quite easy, but ofcourse I won't say it because I will be sorry for that then.... >_<
 
Last edited:
for instance pyro's are running to them, I have seen it so many times that I put a sticky right in front of them and all the do is just W+mouse1, no wonder they get killed, and then they are complaining that demoman are overpowered.

Protip: jump forward over the sticky as the demoman detonates it.
Unless it's a crit, you have about a 1/4 chance of getting launched into his face resulting in their death.
1/2 chance you'll get launched behind them resulting in their death.
1/4 chance you die somehow.
 
Protip: jump forward over the sticky as the demoman detonates it.
Unless it's a crit, you have about a 1/4 chance of getting launched into his face resulting in their death.
1/2 chance you'll get launched behind them resulting in their death.
1/4 chance you die somehow.

Counter protip:

If it was that easy, I usually don't need to kill the pyro, just need him not to kill me, if he lives I am ok with that too, so if he comes close to it, detonate it, he will be blown into the air away from you. Then you still have your safe exit, and maybe if he didn't have enough life left, he is death, or the chances are good that it is a critical because after an uber, you done enough damage to get max crit chances.
 
i wonder what would happen if cliff played a whole day of mesa. and cliffs right demomen by them selves aren't overpowered. its the other stuff that usually comes WITH the demoman that is game breaking ie any payload map/ dustbowl with a kritkrieg medic = other team gragle gragle fail rage quit. and don't bother to argue against that point, that strat is the reason why most of my competent mates avoid dustbowl like the plague.


( i am 100% positive this game would be more balanced with out the unlockables)
 
Last edited:
its the other stuff that usually comes WITH the demoman that is game breaking ie any payload map/ dustbowl with a kritkrieg medic = other team gragle gragle fail rage quit. and don't bother to argue against that point, that strat is the reason why most of my competent mates avoid dustbowl like the plague.

You mean like.. teamwork?
 
lol team work in this game usually revolves around a bunch of dudes bolbing behind an uber till the other team caves in. but really when the maps in tf2 get so bloated and overpopulated the whole "team work' component really gets diluted. im practically positive that any game can be won by the simple act of charging one or 2 ubers , hitting them simultaneously have the whole team follow them in and play mop up.

heck even version 2t3 of black mesa was little more than a camp fest broken up with some vents and open areas. and ill admit to abusing the yam out of it
 
im practically positive that any game can be won by the simple act of charging one or 2 ubers , hitting them simultaneously have the whole team follow them in and play mop up.

How is that not teamwork? I love when the entire team rushes in with an uber (doesn't happen enough). Ubers can be stopped with ubers/pyros/scouts and after that engies can work together to get a lv3 up in like 5 seconds.
 
I played some blackmesa about 1-2 months ago pretty much didn't like it that much as dustbowl, wasn't that I get killed a lot or something like that, I just like dustbowl more, don't really know why, it just isn't my map I guess.

But Salty is right, no class is overpowerd, I've seen critsheavies taking out tons of players in the way the that critsdemomans do as well, mainly because I both play heavy or demo the advantage on the demoman over the heavy in some situations is that the explosions and the amount of firerate is better with the demo, you can take down more people at once although you do have to hit something to make them go off, and they can be bounced back by pyro's as well. Another advantage is that you can dodge incoming things like rockets, pipes or something like that, heavies are just too slow to do that as effective.

As well as Salty probably did, capturing points pretty much takes 1 or 2 ubers when used the right way, teamwork isn't a 16 player thing, usually it takes a lot less to make a very good team.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top