Mobo/Video card annoyance

mucsdnop

I made one post
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
20
So I have an MSI P6N SLI Platinum mobo and use a GeForce 8800 GTS. Had the same setup for about two years now. Problem is during the first year or so of use I started to see that occasionally my graphics would have small bursts of lag every couple minutes. Laid my case on it's side and it magically fixed the problem.

Recently it all started happening again so I figured maybe it's time to clean out my case again and see if maybe it was just dust or something. So I do that but made the mistake of taking my video card completely out and putting it back in which has offset the happy spot it seemed to be in.

Anyways to the question of does anyone have the same mobo and knows a solution, or had a similar problem and found a solution? (That doesn't involve buying something new)
 
Sounds like it's your PCI-E slot. You might want to check the warranty status of your mobo to see if it's possible to RMA
 
I agree with headshot, it sounds like something is wrong with either your PCI-E slot or the contacts for the PCI-E connector on the video card. If you are looking for the quick-not-100%-perfect fix, you could try very gently rocking the video card a little until it works.
 
yeah, if you have the chance to check it in another computer, that would be the first step
 
Back
Top