Sniping Etiquette, Tips for being a Successful Gentle Sniper

Yeah, 5 Snipers on maps like 2fort and orange_x3 is not fun. It turns into a stalemate pretty quick. Although it does make you look for new and interesting sniping spots.
 
And here is another good one: if there are 5 snipers on your team, switch class. :)
And another very important one: keep your fellow snipers as up to date on spies as humanly possible. Even if you only get out "Sp...yaaaaaahhhhhh *dies*", they'll get the message.

First point...dead on! I seen alot of games lost because there were too many snipers. How about the engie that abandons the spawn position in 2Fort to snipe when there are already 4 other snipers! (Yes, 5 snipers Virginia!)
 
i think 3 should be the limit on classes, if you have more than 3 it gets to be a little much
 
Uh... I understand it's giving others an opportunity to get some kills but... first come, first serve? :facewall:

Like if someone is already there, don't take the spot. If he wants to give you the spot, he will. Don't fight about spots and find your own if you can.
 
Like if someone is already there, don't take the spot. If he wants to give you the spot, he will. Don't fight about spots and find your own if you can.

I think he gets the concept but he just doesn't like the idea of sharing :D.
 
Pretty good basic concepts, will help the newer snipers not get scolded by the older ones.
 
i think 3 should be the limit on classes, if you have more than 3 it gets to be a little much

I used to find the 'class limit' thing on servers a lot when TF2 first came out, I haven't found a server that uses it for ages tho.

But it's not a bad idea, spoils it for everyone else when there's too many of one class playing and that's not restricted to snipers either.
 
I used to find the 'class limit' thing on servers a lot when TF2 first came out, I haven't found a server that uses it for ages tho.

But it's not a bad idea, spoils it for everyone else when there's too many of one class playing and that's not restricted to snipers either.

No one lies 10 demoman, 1 engie, 1 medic, 3 pyro team.
 
ya omg its just not fun running out of your base in 2 fort and seeing like 7 blue dots following you.
 
ya omg its just not fun running out of your base in 2 fort and seeing like 7 blue dots following you.

I know we've gone off track from the thread, but at that point you switch to spy.
no matter if you don't even know how to play that class, you'll soon find a lot less sniper dots hanging around your base.
 
I know we've gone off track from the thread, but at that point you switch to spy.
no matter if you don't even know how to play that class, you'll soon find a lot less sniper dots hanging around your base.

lol i usually just go sniper and find out that im not as good as the enemy snipers like 20 times. But i am trying to get better at spy because its disturbingly fun to back stab people.
 
I've stared playing spy a while back and I've absolutely loved it.

Granted, it's a hard class to learn and then play well, but it's more than worth it when you backstab someone, knowing the frustration, the swearing and the keyboard mashing that goes on when you take out that same sniper for the 3td time in a row.
Just puts a smile of glee on my face.

Even more when it results in a rage-quit.
 
heres a rule: if you see a friendly spy about to stab someone dont suddonly headshot them unless you REALLY need too

i mean really? this happens to me ALL the time on more open maps :closedeyes:
 
heres a rule: if you see a friendly spy about to stab someone dont suddonly headshot them unless you REALLY need too

i mean really? this happens to me ALL the time on more open maps :closedeyes:

OMG I know how you feel, added.
 
Also if Cr@sh is on your team, sniping, make sure to stand in his view and taunt endlessly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top