Screen and DX issues

Attle

Poster
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
200
Hello techies. Kind of a small thing, but for whatever reason, my games will no longer run in dx10. I have to set the launch properties to dx9.1. Also, maybe related, my screen no longer will run at its highest res. It is no longer an option. The largest option that my computer allows, my screen can't run. My DirectX is up to date, and I honestly didn't change anything between when things were fine and now. The only difference is that I brought my comp over to a friends and back. Could something have been knocked loose? I am at a lost. Please let me know!
 
Try the easy stuff first like re-installing your video card drivers, or using system restore to roll back to a date before you experienced trouble.
 
Press "The windows key"+"R" to open up the run dialog and type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and check if directX finds any problems..
 
Back
Top