Waiting for players friendly fire..

prentle

Poster
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
140
I just joined a server (the first time I have played non-ego in a couple of months (The reason being that the ego servers are usually pretty empty in the mornings in the UK))

But it had friendly fire on during the waiting for players time, it was quite fun.
 
I just can't see this turning out very well on our servers.

That's only my opinion of it anyway.
 
Well, he said just while waiting for players.

I think that would be okay, considering that a lot of maps are so big you can't really reach an enemy anyway, plus stats are reset before the match really starts.

The major problem I can see is that HLStatsX will probably count them as team kills.
 
I played on a server that was like that, it was chaos for like 30 seconds, then everything was sooo quiet.
except for all the guys screaming on the mic "WTH WTH WTH?????"
 
I can see it causing problems for players where some would want to prepare for the match by charging ubers, setting up engy placements, etc. Sure, it may be fun for a couple players to mess around with other people, but when you're trying to prep for the coming round, especially on maps such as dustbowl, I can see it causing more headaches and complaints than not.
 
No Jaxory what they mean is that you know when a map starts and you have 30 seconds at the very start of the map while you wait for every player to connect. Before the setup time you get on the map, thats what they are talking about having team kills on for
 
They turn on FF in events all the time. Good luck leaving spawn...
 
I wouldn't like to see FF on our servers.....I mean cmon now thats how ya spy check.....i mean i guess it would lead to more team work to avoid team killing.....I dunno just doesn't seem very good.....I mean I had the side effect when I went to play on CS (Single Player) I was spy checking my own team.....There aren't even spies in CS.....
 
If we could simultaneously turn off HLStats (if it isn't already) for the waiting for players period, and enable FF, it'd be doable, if people really wanted it that badly. But, no one would want their rank harmed by a TK or unnecessary death, most likely. It'd be a more amusing way to wait out the "waiting for players" period though, but in the end, since that's so so very little of your play time, it doesn't seem like all that big of a deal.
 
spy check would be ruined

thats half the fun, it makes it more tense for everyone when they cant really check if that person is really a spy, plus all you need to do is just BUMP INTO THEM and you'll know

i think it would be fun to have it on, FF as long as its not abused would be cool
 
I've played on a server where everyone is restricted to just melee while on the "waiting for players" was going on with ff, it was pretty fun. HL Stats didn't count them as kills, either.
 
Okay you guys seem to think this thread is about a FF server. It's about FF on while in the "waiting for players" mode when the map reloads, not during setup or actual gameplay. Actually the XA server has it and it's pretty fun, while you are waiting for the players to join you can kill your teammates, total chaos for like 30 seconds then the round begins, and FF is off...
 
ooohhh yeah i misunderstood it too.
in that case. yeah thats funny.
I would however like a low-respawn time FF server...

i think you would see an uprise of the spy class!

i'd actually start playing spy... which i don't now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top