TF2 rates

Only one I messed with is the cl_interp, which I set to 0.001 for good measure. eGO limits theirs, but another group I frequent has it set much lower, so it's easier to pwn as soldier over there.
 
Only one I messed with is the cl_interp, which I set to 0.001 for good measure. eGO limits theirs, but another group I frequent has it set much lower, so it's easier to pwn as soldier over there.
You have your interp set to 1 millisecond. That has to be much lower than any ping you've ever gotten anywhere. You're almost certainly making things worse for yourself.
 
I only average 20fps anyway, so I really don't care. Better than my old laptop, where it was getting >9fps, and moved like a bad Windows Movie Maker slideshow.
 
I came from CSS and that is where it is a pretty big deal because the tiny hairlike fraction off can make you not get that headshot. While in scrims if you didn't have the right rates you would get yelled at untill you fixed them; and some people that had the wrong rates lag all over, they don't see the lag on there screen but the other players watching that person sees them skip all over.

Not sure this is true in TF2 but I just use
rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100

Setting it up like this just makes the server auto-cap it at what it goes to.
 
cl_cmdrate +100 Pure excellence.

If I recall correct that sets your ping to 5 =P

The rates do factor in how much data you send and get from the server, so yes it's more real time, I believe the cl_interp is cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate
 
Rates should be set differently depending on the class being played.

Having a single rate setting doesn't cut it when you're playing to win.

Some common settings:

Soldier said:
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100
rate 45000
cl_interp 0.0

Sniper said:
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100
rate 45000
cl_interp 0.033

You should be aiming for white lerp. On the soldier config yellow lerp will be common on 66 tickrate (aka: poor servers), but there are more benefits to having close to 0 interp.

If you understand rates enough to change them, then you should stop playing 66tick servers and move on to 100tick with high fps (1000FPS servers are pretty good, 2000FPS is the best). Along with this, good servers won't limit your rates as much as poor configured ones will, and generally allow your interp to go incredibly low.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top