eG vs eGO Rematch?

Rematch for eG vs. eGO Dog Tag Scrim?


  • Total voters
    58
I admit I was a little bugged when the e/eG match ended up on cp_granary, because I've almost never played that map. By the end of the round I thought it was a good choice though, and I actually really like the idea of not letting people know/decide the map before the event.

I used to play exlcusively on Dustbowl, but I've been trying to put in time on other maps so that I don't get owned in future events/scrims. I think the eGO community is better off generally when its players try to play all the servers instead of just one. Therefore I think that any map that's regularly played on an eGO server should be fair game.

As an =e= I'll happily duck out of this arugment now. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. :)

Edit:

P.S. I also forgot to plug Egypt. I think its a really fun map, that has many of the elements that I like about Dustbowl. I hope that some more of the people who hang out on Dustbowl all the time give Egypt a try for a few hours.
 
Last edited:
No offense, but you guys kinda lost the claim to much of anything with the ragequit. It would have been cool if you did, and then rejoined 15 seconds later, kinda as a prank to have fun, but I don't think that is what happened. Who knows, if you stuck to it and rallied you could've made a fight out of the match.

Now you get to face us. You will get your rematch eventually, but don't marginalize us in the process please.
 
man, I take some time off from TF2, and it gets all ragequit crazy. I'll have to come back and get everyone having fun again.

for those making complaints about map selection....not EVERYONE likes the same map, when we do these scrims there is going to be a map you MIGHT not like. Does that mean you quit because it doesn't seem fair? What if it's a map you like, but 20% of the other players don't like it? is it fair then?

These scrims are suppose to be fun/competitive (see what I did there, fun before competitive) if you can't have fun with these scrims then make room for someone else who can have fun.


To sum it up: scrim+ego+friends+crit rockets+random map+bacon= FUN!!!!!!
 
Wow, i'd be pretty mad if the same thing happend in a e vs eG scrim. Who cares if your losing? Its still a fun event that people showed up for.
 
I admit I was a little bugged when the e/eG match ended up on cp_granary, because I've almost never played that map. By the end of the round I thought it was a good choice though, and I actually really like the idea of not letting people know/decide the map before the event.

I used to play exlcusively on Dustbowl, but I've been trying to put in time on other maps so that I don't get owned in future events/scrims. I think the eGO community is better off generally when its players try to play all the servers instead of just one. Therefore I think that any map that's regularly played on an eGO server should be fair game.


As an =e= I'll happily duck out of this arugment now. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. :)

Edit:

P.S. I also forgot to plug Egypt. I think its a really fun map, that has many of the elements that I like about Dustbowl. I hope that some more of the people who hang out on Dustbowl all the time give Egypt a try for a few hours.

Thanks Shade, what you said is the general idea of how we think these things are going to be / how they should be perceived.. Not as a choice to benefit one side, but as as random pick from a hat if you will...

You guys should really see what he wrote, now Shade may not of liked a certain map but he understands that this is random and that it's meant to make things interesting, and by no means favored.

FiRE
 
count me in on the rematch, i was unable to attend the first but would love to be there if there is a rematch.
 
Name: Sphen
Do I want a rematch?: Who cares, any chance at eGO blood is a chance at eGO blood!
Do I wish both tags to debate on the scrim map?: G's, I hate to say it but aside from our lone defensive win, the O's rolled us. Don't bring our good name down by blaming it on the map or FPS rates, we lost because we didn't organize as well as the O's.

Any G's who want to prepare and really show them O's who the future is, hit me up anytime in game or in IRC.
 
I voted no opinion. cuz i don't care. I'd welcome more scrims against eG's but not for the sake that this was unfair.
The match was fair, Of all us O's in there, (keep in mind i play ALOT of egypt) i only recognized about 3 other people that play it even SOMETIMES. of which maybe only 1 played it even close to as much as i do.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top