"vbsp.exe has stopped working"

Santiago

Active Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
291
:facewall:Just lately I have been getting this error message almost as soon as the compiler for hammer starts up. When it does this it seems to stop compiling but about10-15 min later TF2 starts up and loads the map with none of the changes that Made to the map.:facewall: I have not changed any settings since it was worked until now, so I am a little confused on why it quit on me. :facewall:
Any advice or help would be appreciated please.
I am running vista ultimate 64, phenom II 3gig, 8gig of ram, amd 4870 2 gig ddr5,
P.S. This might have been already dealt with some where but did not have time to dig through the archives that far back.
 
Last edited:
It sounds like your VBSP isn't liking your map. Often times it has broken on me due to having lots of carves and ugly looking subdivisions.

You could always try compiling an old version of the map and see if it works.

Or if you haven't made any changes and VBSP is being stupid all together, then I dunno. Mapping isn't really my expertise, I just try to understand the toolchain. :P
 
http://qsextreme.com/vbct/
Try that tool for compiling. Thats what I use. I've had better luck with that than with the default Hammer one.
And don't worry, it does the same job, with the same processes, just more efficiently IMO. Since it does use the same processes, you may still get the vbsp.exe error, if so, all I could really recommend is that you re-download the Source SDK altogether.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top