Graphics Card Upgrade Question

TahoE

Famous
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
565
Ok, So i have a 2005 Dell XPS (yes i know... i dont need to hear crap for buying a dell) and i have an OLD outdated GeForce 6500 graphics card. I dont know much about graphics cards, but was wondering if

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339

Would fit into the same slots and would be compatible with all the hook ups and stuff. (Obviously im no computer genius with components, i just know how to work programs on the computer).

Also, is this a good card or is there something better out there that is better bang for my buck?

THANK YOU!!!!
 
You are probably going to need a new PSU if you do get a new beast of a Graphics Card. However I don't know if your old GeForce 6500, has a PCI-16x socket or an AGP socket. If you do have an AGP socket you need a new mainboard, so I would recommend saving up for a new computer rather.

Besides that, Dell computers are epic. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top