I need some headphones

chase11

I made one post
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
15
Whats up homies, my first tech thread.
Anyways does anyone have a pair of headphones they could recommend to me? I'm on a budget, i dont want to spend more than 40 bucks. I'd like something that doesnt have a microphone (I buy the microphones seperate) I've tried a few headphones in the past, like some skull candys, a few phillips and some Presidian noise canceling headphones that dont even noise cancel :P. I'd just like some descent headphones that are comfortable on the ear and will last me at least a good 3 or 4 months. I have a little pomeranian that chews up all my headphone cords, so something wireless would be awesome. Also if I do go with a corded setup, is there some kind of sleeve I can put over the cord to protect it from any damage?

Thanks,
Chase

EDIT:::

Oh and I looked through the sticky but those headphones I saw just seem too pricey.
 
Do you want surround sound headphones? If so, get the Turtle Beach HPA2's, they are $60, but you get 5.1 surround sound, and a removable mic. Also, if your going to use these for gaming, I suggest not getting any wireless headphones, they have a little bit of lag.
 
i have the turtle beach ear force hpa2 and it was well worth the money. Just make sure you have 5.1 surround sound and an extra usb port ;)
 
yeah i have heard that turtle beach is great :D if your looking for good quality on a low budget, i would say go with them
 
I have Everglide S-500 Gaming Headphones, very comfortable and sound great. Got them for $9.99 on Woot (plus $5 shipping), but I've only seen them one Woot once more since then.

You could probably find them online for $20-40. The Everglide website lists them at $80.
 
i have the turtle beach ear force hpa2 and it was well worth the money. Just make sure you have 5.1 surround sound and an extra usb port ;)

about the 5.1 surround sound, i just have some onboard high definition 8 channel, would that still work? Sorry I realy have absolutely no knowledge on audio, but a friend of mine had some crazy 7.1 system at his computer,I started playing call of duty 5, it completely blew me away, I could hear peoples yelling from behind me when they were realy behind me in the game and the bullets and all that, Thats why i got so interested in getting some good headphones that could at least give me some of the effects that the game did. Would i have to buy another part for my computer to get the surround sound?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top