Looking for: Soldier vids

Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
230
It's part of my TF2 quest to at least become adequate with most classes in TF2.

Next on my list is Spy and Soldier.

We already have a large compilation of Spy training videos on the boards and I was wondering if anyone had links to some Soldier ones?

I think overall I'm a decent Soldier but I'd like to take it to the next level. Two areas I need to improve on are Rocket Jumping and Air Shooting people.

I can Rocket Jump - but none of that fancy YouTube worthy stuff.

Does anyone know of any sort of soldier training videos? Specifically in the two areas mentioned above?

I've done some YouTubing but haven't really found what I am looking for.

I already realized I missed the Soldier training session last month, too. Doh!
 
Here's the best one I have found so far:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxoLwaXWUY&feature=related[/ame]

Seems that side rocketing with your strafe keys and mouse rotation is the secret!
 
Getting good at soldier is all about practice, and practice outside of regular games, it's time consuming and can be boring at the same time, practicing rocket jumping consists of going to a challenge jump server and just repeatedly doing the hard jumps, and for airshooting go to fps banana, and look up tr_rocket_shooting2, create yoru own server with a max of 16ish people and have at it. the point of that level is to shoot at the jumping bots feet and then shoot them out of the air. Good Luck :)
 
Get a hold of me on steam, I used to host rocket jump maps all the time but then I had some networking issues which prevented me from hosting servers. But those are all fixed now and I'll host some more rocket jump maps if anyone would be interested in joining me.
 
Thanks for all the advice you two!

I'm a *tad* bored at work so I thought I'd start doing some research.

And Kascade, I will most definitely hit you up on STEAM for some RJing fun. Maybe we can get a few others, too!
 
Asking for Soldier training videos is like asking for Heavy training videos.
 
Meaning they don't exist or it's supposed to be so simple you shouldn't need it?

If the latter, I absolutely disagree.
 
They're not really videos, but gotfrag.com has a lot of demos of TF2 top tier competitive games. You can load them into TF2 and play them back and watch like you're in spectator. Names to look for soldier wise would be: Reptile, Jaeger, Seagull, or any game with a team name will find you awesome soldiers.
 
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpS2CZOxQc[/ame]
Whenever you want to get better at a class, just go to Youtube and type, "How to play as ____". That is what I do. Watching lots of how to plays, and practicing are good ways to get better. There are already lots of posts asking how to get better as each class, or class guides, you just have to dig them up. Or talk to some of the better people at that class.
(As for the video, I agree with pretty much everything he says except when he says the shovel is useless. Otherwise I think he's got the basic points down well).
 
Really, soldier is just a twitch based class. I don't know how much you need to "learn" other than getting good at airshots and rjing. You just kind of pick it up naturally.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top