COD 5 on Windows 7

kingdingleling

Active Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
279
When ever I start COD 5 it just has a black screen with a pointer and never loads. I've updated all driver for video and sound and reinstalled several times. I can't seem to make it work. Need help!!
 
This might not be the reason but...
Windows 7 Release Candidate 7100 screwed up lot of my games. I have a Quad-core processor, 4 GB Ram, and a high-end graphics card but I was either getting severe lag or the game wouldn't load properly. If you have this one, try "upgrading" to the newer one - Build 7127. It's improved my game performance back to par.
 
Well it's not windows 7 because there some cod5 guys that I know run windows 7 and can play the game no problem. What this does sound like though is a graphics card driver no working or a graphics driver from the game that is corrupt. Your best shot would be to first uninstall reinstall if that doesn't fix it post back ,and I'll tell you how to get to your config file to check if you have a broken load up cmd.
 
It didn't work. Still black screen with pointer. I have the most updated drivers for my video and sound.

Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
4 gigs of OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066
2-MSI 9800 gt's Overclock Ed. in Sli
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro

I've noticed in the beta form of the game the soundcard was an issue. But this is the finished version of the game.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top