Video Converter .AVI-.mp4

Raptor

Droppin them Raps
=(e)=
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
906
I have got a lot of movies files that are in .AVI format i want to be able to play them on my Zune which is i believe .mp4 format

So i need a converter i don't care if it cost anything or is free would prefer free but if not ill buy it.


If anyone can help please send a pm to me on the forums.


Please do not make this thread a spam about if Zune is bad or not.

Because I Dont Care
 
If you have an nvidia card you should check out Nero Move It, because Cuda makes video encoding up to 5 times as fast. It isn't free though, it's $50 for the box version, or $30 for the download version.
 
just google video converter almost all can convert to .mp4 also on my Zune I think i have put other file types google zune file types or in the settings it says what file types it can play :)

btw maybe more for tech help but whatever
 
Additionally if you use ATI, CCC has an official plugin feature called Avivo. Free converter, it incorporates your video cards into the encoding (48** series only I believe) for increased speed. However the video card encoding feature seems to not work with vista 64.

Anyways if you use ATI, its free and fast and will do what you need.

Additionally I use a program for making very high quality (HDTV mostly) conversions called ConvertXtoDVD. However this is a paid program and would not be worth paying for in your case in my opinion since you wouldn't be using most of its features.
 
Hmm, go ahead and check this out, http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html scroll down the list for Free Ipod Video Converter 2.6, I used/use this for my PPC and zune before it died last year. It also lets your download videos off of youtube, and you can change the video output settings, nice free little piece of software if you ask me. I use it atleast three times a week. :sneaky2:
 
Last edited:
AVS Media Converter, completely free, no watermarks and can do any format.
 
if none of those work, check out handbrake. handbrake is by far one of the most versatile open-source video transcoders available
 
the "ask and record" toolbar for internet explore downloads youtube vids as well as converts them to whatever you want and is completely free. I think it'll do what you want - that is convert files already on your PC.
also, if they're relatively small files, you can go to media-convert.com and do any conversion there for free.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top