pc subwoofer ?

packratako

I made one post
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
26
Hey guys,

This may seem silly, but I have a Pc subwoofer and wanted to know if it is possible to make it work with the sony headunit in my car. The sub has a red and white rca connections accessible in the rear and of course a Dc outlet.

So is it possible to use the RCA connections of the Headunit to connect to the rear of the Sub and buy an outlet converter for the cigarette lighter to plug the dc outlet for the power source?

It may seem like nonsense but just wanted to know if its possible.

Thanks:O??
 
actually, ive been thinkin bout that lately as well. if you can get the connections 2 work in the car, then go 4 it. just make sure u know what ur doin. make sure 2 google it if necessary. im just gonna get an adapter & plug in my mp3 player (which has more continuous music).
 
I wouldn't recommend this. Car and home audio run on a different ohm rating. Connecting 4ohm speakers to an 8 ohm system (and vise versa) might cause some serious issues.
 
To add what worm said, it won't work, and if it does play, it won't last long and will likely damage more than just the components you try to jimmy rig.

I've been working as a mechanic for about 6 years now and I can say I've seen it all. Major electrical system problems can arise from what you are thinking about doing, best case scenario you ruin all the components you install.

Not worth the headache, there is a reason you don't see this sort of thing as the norm :P
 
Cool guys, thanks i appreciate it. im glad i asked someone who knows better


I appreciate it everyone
 

Latest posts

Back
Top