Reciving major lag from the servers.

FatalRewind

I made one post
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
11
On all the Ego servers I've connected with today, I'm reciving large amounts of lag. Could some one help me figure out what the problem is?

Note: I went to serveral other servers and I haven't recived any lag. Maybe its where the servers are located at and Im having some trouble connecting. (I haven't had this happend before and Im afraid I'm going to miss the Spy training today, huge let down.)

Thanks mates.
 
What servers are the ones that you are lagging on? Our 4 new servers Ie. new IR2fort, gravelpit, arena and turbine are all located in seattle compared to the other servers which are in texas.


If that isnt the problem double check your rates and make sure they are ok.
 
What servers are the ones that you are lagging on? Our 4 new servers Ie. new IR2fort, gravelpit, arena and turbine are all located in seattle compared to the other servers which are in texas.


If that isnt the problem double check your rates and make sure they are ok.

It might not necessarily be location. I'm right on the West Coast and I have a low ping. But when I started playing on the new ones, and every now and then it would start lagging. This would also happen with our old servers, usually after we updated them (I remember when the Fun Server kept crashing every 30 seconds or so). Just give it time.
 
Its 2-fort with the normal spawn time and the fun server. And i would not know how to check my rates, what are rates anywho? Could it help improve my Framerate as well as decrease my lag?

Thanks guys for replying.
 
Ok, the servers were just fine like 5 days ago and now there lagging again (For me anyway). Whatever you guys did, it happened maybe 1-3 days ago. It could be messing with other players, I know I'm not the only one. I have cable internet if that helps any.

Thanks.
 
Ok, the servers were just fine like 5 days ago and now there lagging again (For me anyway). Whatever you guys did, it happened maybe 1-3 days ago. It could be messing with other players, I know I'm not the only one. I have cable internet if that helps any.

Same with me. I was playing just fine 2-3 days ago, but today whenever i connect the game keeps freezing up just like a lag, but no one else is experiencing it :(
 
You guys should hit up the tech forums for knowledge of how to do a traceroute. Sometimes that can help diagnose the true cause of the issue. For me, it was poor routing by my ISP.
 
You guys should hit up the tech forums for knowledge of how to do a traceroute. Sometimes that can help diagnose the true cause of the issue. For me, it was poor routing by my ISP.

There's nothing wrong with my router. The eGO staff must have done something within the past week. They told me they were doing something to the servers, and that 'Important" poll we had to answer, is it because I use Cable one internet? This is getting real irritating.
 
My problems stopped for now, no lag on any server. Hopefully its going to stay that way :)
 
There's nothing wrong with my router. The eGO staff must have done something within the past week. They told me they were doing something to the servers, and that 'Important" poll we had to answer, is it because I use Cable one internet? This is getting real irritating.

Keep in mind that there is a big difference between your router and the route tables (what QB mentioned), BGP config, etc. your ISP uses. I've had several bad paths over the years that I have had to contact various ISPs to fix. It's just a pain rooting through the tiers to get it done, but if you need help identifying the problem, I would be glad to help. Let me know via PM if you decide to open a thread in the tech forums and I will assist.
 
Back
Top