worth the price?@@#$

Ryken's suggestion and build is VERY good, I would pick that in a matter of milliseconds. It would perform MUCH better for the price your paying versus the PC you are looking at.
 
For 600 dollars that computer will run any game you can throw at it with slightly above average performance.
 
Ryken's suggestion and build is VERY good, I would pick that in a matter of milliseconds. It would perform MUCH better for the price your paying versus the PC you are looking at.

Thanks!

Also wanted to mention, if $700 is your budget, go with my build and the new AM3 Phenom II X4 940. That is a rocking quad that is just slightly less performance than a i7 920.

You seriously should build it yourself man. If you haven't done this before, and are worried about putting it together, let us know. There are lots of guides we can show you to get you through it. Basically, if you can operate a screwdriver, you can build a computer. The tough part is picking out the parts, and I've done that for you already! The rest is just looking at the pictures in the instructions, and plugging cables in. I've had my grandma help before (not exaggerating, I built her a computer at her house and she wanted to help put it together, so she did!).
 
tnx ryken.im gonna build it myself because it seems like something fun to do. do all parts work together or are some incompatible
 
I'm going to be going with the flow and saying that you should build this gaming/good pc yourself.

I'm doing my first build this summer and I'm not exactly too worried. If you really want support while doing your build, maybe find someone (a friend) that knows how to do this to watch/help you when needed. That way you'll get some good advice, such things as keeping your case clean looking by managing your wires/cables.
 
Ok, glad you have seen the light!

The build I put together was a quick job mostly to convince you to build your own. I think we can do better with a little elbow grease.

The big thing I need to know is, do you want the best computer money can buy for $700 and under, or do you want the cheapest computer that will still do "task X". "Task X" could be play Steam games or run Microsoft office or email and internet or play crysis at highest settings.

Let me know this, and I'll put something together for ya!
 
Your link just shows whatever stuff the person who clicks on it has in their shopping cart. Unfortunately there is no easy way to show shopping carts on newegg. I'm going to give you links so you can just click "add to cart" and it will be easy.

Ok, here you go, links to everything you should buy! I upgraded you to a Western Digital Black 640GB HDD, a 780 full atx motherboard, and a quad-core 3.0 Ghz phenom II processor. And oh ya, I kept it under $700 after MIR!

Everything should be compatible.

Phenom II X4 940 and EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 $364.98 + $25 MIR

Coolermaster Centurion 5 Case and Coolermaster 600W Modular Power Supply $119.98

ASUS M2A78 Plus $79.99 + $10 MIR

G.Skill 4GB DDR2 1066 $54.99

Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB $69.99

Samsung DVD Burner $24.99

Total Before Shipping: $714.92
After Shipping (YMMV): $726.78

After MIR: $691.78


Let me know if you have any questions. Whether it be how to put it together, or why I picked certain parts. I don't think it will get too much better than this for under $700, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top