EGO Respect on the servers

An e's first and only warning was the welcome post given to them (you know, the one with all the links) in their recruitment post. Given that e's represent eGO, we expect and require them to follow the rules to the letter.

Indeed. I can understand this. It makes perfect sense.

I'm trying not to be a jerk about this, but what doesn't make perfect sense, is how saying "gay" gets one kicked. Hell, on our own forums, in the FAQ, it says:

Damn, hell, ass, and acronyms (wtf, omfg) are generally expectable as long as they aren't spammed or used in a disrespectful manner. STFU and GTFO are not acceptable on our servers.

If I can say ass, WTF, and OMFG, why can't I say "man this is gay" or in my case just "gay"? There's no clear cut rule about that. It's not a cuss, I wasn't being disrespectful towards another player, I just said "gay" while this one guy was camping.

Obviously I won't be repeating myself, and I've picked up the policy of "if you wanna vent any frustration, do it IRL". I'm just curious about where in the rules it's made even remotely clear that what I did was in violation - I don't want to sound dumb, but I might have missed something?
 
Last edited:
If I can say ass, WTF, and OMFG, why can't I say "man this is gay" or in my case just "gay"? There's no clear cut rule about that. It's not a cuss, I wasn't being disrespectful towards another player, I just said "gay" while this one guy was camping.

In the above example, "gay" is a synonym for "dumb" or "stupid." In essence you (general you, not you specifically) are saying that gay or being gay is dumb or stupid. In other words, it is a bash against a group of people. We try to keep references to sexual orientation (even straight) out of the game because our severs are about having fun and are not a forum for hot button issues or anything other than the game itself. We want to include everybody and we don't care how you identify yourself (in any manner) outside of the game at hand.
 
Last edited:
In the above example, "gay" is a synonym for "dumb" or "stupid." In essence you (general you, not you specifically) are saying that gay or being gay is dumb or stupid. In other words, it is a bash against a group of people. We try to keep references to sexual orientation (even straight) out of the game because our severs are about having fun and are not a forum for hot button issues or anything other than the game itself. We want to include everybody and we don't care how you identify yourself (in any manner) outside of the game at hand.

Fair enough. I suspected it'd be something along those lines.

The only thing I can really say about that is that it barely registers with many as having anything to do with homosexuality (when using it in that context).

Still, fair's fair. Just looking for an explanation. Many thanks. :)
 
Hey guys, its fathobo from the INS division that was my post that Leader Bean put on here. I just want to add something.

Whoa, don't take all the credit. I've been saying this stuff for 1 month now. You happened to jumpstart my thought process again and I gave you credit for that. I haven't asked for anything by putting these posts up and don't expect anything from them. Just a simple reminder to everyone to be respectful. If you want credit for acting like an eGO then go for it!
 
Last edited:
Obviously I won't be repeating myself, and I've picked up the policy of "if you wanna vent any frustration, do it IRL". I'm just curious about where in the rules it's made even remotely clear that what I did was in violation - I don't want to sound dumb, but I might have missed something?

Yeah you might offend a homosexual player or something if there ever is one
 
haha, my bad Bean, I'm just scanning the forums every so often you know me. haha. Stay beany
 
Very simple HTS the term "Gay" is a degrading term, hence it is not allowed on the eGO servers.
 
Last edited:
Gay is completely unacceptable on our servers. If someone were to say "I am gay" in passing then that's ok... BUT HOW OFTEN DO PEOPLE USE THAT WORD, IN THAT CONTEXT, ON GAMING SERVERS? Anyone else think the <1% mark? Outlawing it makes total sense.
 
Last edited:
Leader, if in that context it's not allowed the correct thing would be, nevermind, let's just drop the subject on this, it's not allowed and that's the end of it.

^_^
 
^ I meant it sarcastically. I have never heard someone use that word in a fashion other than as an insult.
 
This is true

good post, and thats what i love about eGO if there's ever anyone dissing someone there's always an admin handy to remind that person that this is a punk free server and you must respect one and other. eGO rules!:)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top