kaspersky Internet Security

Legit^

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
3,491
I use kaspersky as an anti virus and firewall, and for some reason i cant upload stuff to filesharing sites unless i close kaspersky, i tried turning off just the firewall but that didnt help, i have to totally close kaspersky. any help?
 
my guess is that the firewall is blocking the uploads. try looking in the permissions section and see if your browser has the permission to upload. I do not use kaspersky so I cant check, but some firewalls have website permission list. If kaspersky does, try adding your file sharing site to the 'allowed' list
 
Cant help u there, but the same thing use to happen to me. That's the main reason i change it, it was to overkill to my PC.
 
my guess is that the firewall is blocking the uploads. try looking in the permissions section and see if your browser has the permission to upload. I do not use kaspersky so I cant check, but some firewalls have website permission list. If kaspersky does, try adding your file sharing site to the 'allowed' list

its not the firewall, i turned it off and i still couldnt upload
 
Hit me up on steam next time you see me online. I'll see if I can't help you.

Have you tried with a different web browser?
 
Upon researching this further it appears that this is a known issue with Kaspersky 2009. They were supposed to have put out a patch to fix it, but I don't believe it actually resolved the issue. Make sure you're fully updated to the latest release of Kaspersky.

Also another thing to maybe try would be to add the website to your trusted zones.

Edit:

After attempting to resolve this issue via remote desktop support, it appears that it is indeed an issue with Kaspersky that is mentioned above. Currently they have no known fix other than disabling protection and uploading.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top