Specs:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard (just bought from newegg)
Intel Core 2 Duo Quad 6600
ATi Radeon HD3870
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Windows Vista 32 bit
PSU 450 Watt
Recently installed/bought new motherboard. Computer powers on to setup screen. Setup screen has options like hitting Del to go to BIOS, etc. Mouse and Keyboard lights flash on for a few seconds. Mouse and keyboard then both go dead, no longer functioning (it won't let me hit Delete key to go to BIOS setup). Computer "reboots" itself after about 10/15 seconds and goes back to darkness, then back to setup screen. This process can be repeated indefinitely (like a loop without ever turning the computer off)
Mouse and keyboard have both been shown to work with other systems. I am wondering if this new mobo is faulty or if it is something else (psu?cpu?) If I could just get it to the BIOS screen I'd do everything from there, problem is it won't let me get there.
Anyways, figured I'd ask you guys before I dump more money into this. Thanks for any help.
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard (just bought from newegg)
Intel Core 2 Duo Quad 6600
ATi Radeon HD3870
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Windows Vista 32 bit
PSU 450 Watt
Recently installed/bought new motherboard. Computer powers on to setup screen. Setup screen has options like hitting Del to go to BIOS, etc. Mouse and Keyboard lights flash on for a few seconds. Mouse and keyboard then both go dead, no longer functioning (it won't let me hit Delete key to go to BIOS setup). Computer "reboots" itself after about 10/15 seconds and goes back to darkness, then back to setup screen. This process can be repeated indefinitely (like a loop without ever turning the computer off)
Mouse and keyboard have both been shown to work with other systems. I am wondering if this new mobo is faulty or if it is something else (psu?cpu?) If I could just get it to the BIOS screen I'd do everything from there, problem is it won't let me get there.
Anyways, figured I'd ask you guys before I dump more money into this. Thanks for any help.








