nvidia graphics help

GTX 260 216 pro core, they've dropped a lot over the passed few months, I recently saw them for like $149 on SALE, not sure what they are priced at now... probably lists at $200
 
yeah for sure you need at least an 8800 or 9800gt. Any lower than that and you can't play games at good settings with decent frames, anything would be better than your onboard though. an 8400gs won't play crap to be brutally honest.
 
If he can't pay 90 bucks for a 9800gt then I really don't know what to tell him. A 90 dollar card can run 8/10 games on max settings imo.

8400gs:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4665385&CatId=1560

9800gt:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4924277&CatId=3670

for 55 more bucks (less than 1 ps3/360 game) he can get a MUCH better card that performs a friggin thousand times better than a 8400gs. I mean what would he spend on for 55 bucks? Just spend the little extra and he'll save himself the trouble of upgrading the following year. He'll end up spending more if you go the cheaper way in the long run.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top