- Joined
- Dec 26, 2008
- Messages
- 182
When I first played, I couldn't wait to get the Backburner - since I saw my friend had his and it said 'Level 10'. When I finally got to my milestones, the Backburner was unlocked and gave me an additional bonus - 100% Crit from behind.
I never used the compression blast as it used too much ammo so it was best for me to use the backburner. It also advertised additional 50 bonus hit points (although I think it never was added). After watching some pro video on pyro and the compression blast, I immediately switched over and never went back to the Backburner.
My loadout is now:
Flamethrower
Shotgun
Axe
Yep, all default. The Flare-gun is useless to me, I'd rather have more damage on mid-range (since being a pyro would be sneaking up for close quarter combat and if the opponent runs, I can switch to a gun capable of finishing them off). The axetinguisher is pretty handy for those who are good enough to use it. I myself get too much FPS lag to ever handle the precise movement and timing of successfully killing with the axetinguisher. I'll stick with the Flamethrower if I'm close enough to use a melee anyways.
I never used the compression blast as it used too much ammo so it was best for me to use the backburner. It also advertised additional 50 bonus hit points (although I think it never was added). After watching some pro video on pyro and the compression blast, I immediately switched over and never went back to the Backburner.
My loadout is now:
Flamethrower
Shotgun
Axe
Yep, all default. The Flare-gun is useless to me, I'd rather have more damage on mid-range (since being a pyro would be sneaking up for close quarter combat and if the opponent runs, I can switch to a gun capable of finishing them off). The axetinguisher is pretty handy for those who are good enough to use it. I myself get too much FPS lag to ever handle the precise movement and timing of successfully killing with the axetinguisher. I'll stick with the Flamethrower if I'm close enough to use a melee anyways.


















