alienware m17x

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
I am planning to buy this laptop for college. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this specific laptop, but any alienware experience is appreciated.

I do not want to hear about dell. I have a dell and its the most piece of crap laptop ive ever seen.

Thanks guys

-Blue
 
well I havnt had an alienware but I have had dell comptuers and dell is the owner of alienware. So I would think they would be good since dell is very good.
 
I have no personal experience with Alienware but my friend has either the M17 or the M17x and he loves it.
 
ya I know and dell is really good so I think alienware should be the same but make sure to get SLI in the laptop.
 
Really I dislike them for how expensive they are. You can always build your own on ibuypower. But if your dead set on one, my friend has one and says he likes it.
 
yeha right now im still weighing the features and comparing hardware between alienware and dell and ibuypower.

On one hand the alienware has great features and hardware:dual 280GTX, ddr3 1066 memory, quad core, and features like esata port, firewire port, hdmi port, backlit keyboard, 17 inch hd screen, and the screen and touchpad are completely flush along the surface of the laptop.

but the price is pretty high. I think the deciding factor in the end will be whether alienware has any good service or not. So im trying to ask if anyone here has experience with alienware, whether it be collecting parts from a warranty or repairing a computer.

-Blue
 
Hence why I linked that laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220527

1 year accidental
2 year parts and labor
High Performance with 4870x2 graphics and Quad Core
6gb DDR2
320GB HDD
Gigabit land and wireless N
18.4" Screen with full 1080P from 1900x1200
card reader, webcam, mic, bluetooth, 12 cell li-ion

AND The best part... $2,349.99 compared to alienwares high prices.

Chances are, if nothing happens in 2 years, then you are fine. You will be way outdated by then anyways lol.

Alienware is performance laptops for people who dont know how to browse for good deals imo.

MAYBE this link will help you with your decision also... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090422053340AAg7ZYF
 
Last edited:
Hence why I linked that laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220527

1 year accidental
2 year parts and labor
High Performance with 4870x2 graphics and Quad Core
6gb DDR2
320GB HDD
Gigabit land and wireless N
18.4" Screen with full 1080P from 1900x1200
card reader, webcam, mic, bluetooth, 12 cell li-ion

AND The best part... $2,349.99 compared to alienwares high prices.

Chances are, if nothing happens in 2 years, then you are fine. You will be way outdated by then anyways lol.

Alienware is performance laptops for people who dont know how to browse for good deals imo.

MAYBE this link will help you with your decision also... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090422053340AAg7ZYF

thanks for the info bliz. Unfortunately I need a warranty of 3 or 4 years for this laptop, it has to get me through college and if I buy a nice laptop like one of the two listed in this thread, I cannot afford any recourse later down the road.

Also, I think the m17 and m17x are different. I know you can fit the m17x up to 8 gigs of ddr3 ram and the review is saying only up to 4. but thanks, i will be checking out newegg for deals. if i decide not to go alienware.

thanks again for the input.

-Blue

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top