TF2 Wallpaper

acefisher1

Thread Thumper
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,026
I just threw this together after Steam released those Achievement images. Thought you guys might like it. It's a little crazy and makes some stuff hard to see on your desktop, but I figured why not.

And no, i'm not insane, I didn't re-size every image manually. I used my Automator to create a function that automatically resized them all into thumbnails and let the mac do the work for me.

I did however had place every image (219 of them and some duplicates) in photoshop... but it was fun. I got to relive getting all my achievements :D


I found that it works best either tiled or stretched to fill screen.

Let me know if you like it, or use it! I like to know :D



Image found on my flickr, grab it here.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2513/3740645948_be65633985_o.jpg
 
Wow great job. I coulnd't imagine you re-sizeing every image. I'm sure your Automater came in handy.
 
It's too Busy for my desktop, i tend to stick wit simple themes. I love the effort though, it looks great!
 
way to cluttered for me i always have some fairly simplistic wallpaper with only a few folder views on it for current projects
 
Haha I agree with you guys, it's too cluttered for my taste as well, I use the NeoTokyo one I made a while back. But I saw the images and had to make it, I know some people like busy layouts too, so there ya go :D

Thanks for the great response as well!
 
Pretty cool.

You should try and make another version, that says eGO within the pictures.

Like put all the solid icons/icons with orange closer together to make it form eGO.
 
Yeah, i'm going to make some art with the tiles themselves, but I wanted to do this so I would be able to sort out the specific tiles while I worked on it. Maybe tomorrow, unless I actually get motivated and re-arrange my room.
 
My freinds brother did something like this but he resized every achievement icon for desktop backgrounds = P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top