Why is'nt there a Team Deathmatch game type?

GingaNinja

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,686
I know theres Arena, but for an FPS game its kinda of interesting that there's capture the flag, capture points, arena, and payload game types yet no deathmatch, the game seems like it would be perfect for it. Anyone got any ideas as to why theres no deathmatch??? :confused1:
 
TF2 is just not designed to be a deathmatch kind of game. The game types are more developed to work as a team. I know team deathematch has "team" in it, but you really don't work together, you just frag the other team. It might be fun, but I don't think the developers of TF2 designed the game for that game type.
 
TF2 is just not designed to be a deathmatch kind of game. The game types are more developed to work as a team. I know team deathematch has "team" in it, but you really don't work together, you just frag the other team. It might be fun, but I don't think the developers of TF2 designed the game for that game type.

yah ur right...it just kind of seems strange for an FPS game not to have a deathmatch game type in it
 
Well, if we think about it, the classes and the game mechanics wouldn't work as well under team deathmatch. Very few would bother to play medic because there is no objective to keep people alive for. The spy would become far lass powerful as would the engineer because choke points would not longer exist. Heavies would be at a large (haha) disadvantage because of low mobility. The game would mostly be scouts, soldiers, demos, pyros (debatable), and snipers. With all this taken into account, I'm guessing people would rightly go to Halo or Call of Duty or their equivalents for deathmatches.

All that said, sometimes it can be fun to just sit back and play a deathmatch and not have to worry about pushin' the cart, capturing a flag, etc. 2Fort instant spawn would be good and you could roll the dice and try an orange_x map, but you'd have to venture outside of eGO for that X-(
 
There are a few DM maps. One that comes to mind is dm_store. It is based on the classic CS map deagle. Basically it is a large warehouse full of crates. It is a very fun map.

Also medic is a blast to play in a DM game. Just imagine combat medics and uber chaining.
 
Also medic is a blast to play in a DM game. Just imagine combat medics and uber chaining.

You know, I thought of you saying that you would play medic or something like it, which made me rephrase what I was going to say :-). I'd be one of those people too, and I would probably heal. Way back when I played WoW one of my characters was a priest and people loved it when I would join a battleground (team deathmatch) and heal them.
 
Yes, you can count on me to bring the medic where ever I go. I still have yet to see someone complain about getting HPs back.
 
This is a team based game with objectives, thats the whole point of Team Fortress. TDM is just blowing people up, if you want that just go play quake live.
 
well, you could call the arena mode a Death Match mode, but you still want to respawn after death. Right?
 
You know, I thought of you saying that you would play medic or something like it, which made me rephrase what I was going to say :-). I'd be one of those people too, and I would probably heal. Way back when I played WoW one of my characters was a priest and people loved it when I would join a battleground (team deathmatch) and heal them.

Technically there are no TDM BGs in WoW.

Warsong Gulch: Capture the Flag
Arathi Basin: Capture the Point
Alterac Valley: Objective (kill opposite boss)
Eye of the Storm: Capture the Flag + Point

ANYWAYS, lol, yeah I don't know does TFC have a TDM mode?
 
Why are my HPs coming back? Ugh!!! What a convenience! I hate conveniences! There you go. First person to complain about being healed. :P
 
Back
Top