Zune Help

Manana

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
289
Okay, so I went camping this past weekend and the weatherman should be beaten, as his prediction of a 20% chance of rain resulted in rain of the torrential kind. Long story short, the zune was soaked. After a solid three days sitting in front of the dehumidifier, I risked turning it on. No power. I plug it in to charge. Voila! It turned on! Unfortunately, no matter how long its charged, once it is unplugged, it loses all power and dies. I figure this has something to do with the battery but i have no idea how to fix this or even it can be fixed.


Do YOU!?
 
Just judging from pics of the battery it should be a relatively easy install for a new one. However I would open it up first & check the ribbon that goes from the battery to the pcb that may have become dislodged or, depending on the water that got in it put a film on the contact that is preventing proper connection, to clean that you can use a regular old pencil eraser. Good luck :)

Google shopping link for replacement batteries: Clicky
 

Latest posts

Back
Top