Quick advice please

R3POMAN

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
1,178
I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P with a AMD Phenom II X4 Deneb 3.0GHz processor. My problem is that the AMD fan/heatsink the processor came with looks cheap and flimsy. Whats a better fan/heatsink i can get for this motherboard that will keep me pretty cool? If i am being stupid and the OEM cpu fan is fine you can tell me that too :P

 
You do not need an aftermarket cooler for the Phenom II's. Trust me. The stock heatsink is FINE.
I'm using the 720, overclocked 400MHz and I idle at 33-35 and get up to 38-40 in a game. Trust me, the stock heatsink is great. I haven't had to adjust anything on it to keep it as cool as it has been.
 
Alright awesome lol once my Graphics card gets here in a few days i will see i guess lol.
 
Yes, the stock heatsink is fine. However, I'll answer your question anyway. If you're looking for a good aftermarket cooler that's seen the trenches, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 is right up your alley. It's inexpensive, it's easy to put on, and it cools like a $50 heatsink. It uses the same brackets the stock heatsink uses, so you don't have to take the motherboard out.

-Xen
 
Back
Top