Force jumping -

I really switched because of this reason from scatter to FaN, it is the perfect way to get out of danger, it works, so good, unbelievable.

same, until I realized I could force jump. I'd never use FaN.
 
In the new video. I'll be using the script. Finally be able to use FaN.
 
I got no need for the script, I already mastered it. :)
Was extremely useful in 2fort, opened much more possibilities for me.
 
Another reason why the FaN is op..

Even though its not OP its just Too easy to use. Its acctually a lot better now that it doesnt launch them in the air as much making it a lot more of a challenge to get the second shot of unlike it use to be.
 
just to make it easier for everyone i've been practicing a little bit now and you don't need to do the crouch. just aim at a 45 degree angle

you do have to be moving foreward for it to work right tho you can't really do it from a stand still position.
 
just to make it easier for everyone i've been practicing a little bit now and you don't need to do the crouch. just aim at a 45 degree angle

you do have to be moving foreward for it to work right tho you can't really do it from a stand still position.

You crouch and you go higher. It squeezes you into the sphere of influence better.
 
Depending on your speed, it typically works better if you shoot higher than 45 degrees. 45 is a good guideline, but once you start getting the hang of it, you know well when you need to change your angle a bit. But to get the highest while moving straight forward at full speed, you only need to aim down about 25-30 degrees.

Also, Sir, what they mean is that crouching when you jump and shoot doesn't make you go higher. You can Force Jump without crouching and go the same height. Crouching just decreases the height of your hitbox, equally on both the top and bottom, so you can reach higher ledges, but crouching is not required when you actually shoot.
 
I really switched because of this reason from scatter to FaN, it is the perfect way to get out of danger, it works, so good, unbelievable.

Okay, if Cl!ff says so, then it must be so. I suppose I'm off to play TF2 now and use the FaN, which hasn't come out of my backpack for around 3 months.
 
Also, Sir, what they mean is that crouching when you jump and shoot doesn't make you go higher. You can Force Jump without crouching and go the same height. Crouching just decreases the height of your hitbox, equally on both the top and bottom, so you can reach higher ledges, but crouching is not required when you actually shoot.

I just tested it to make sure. You get about a foot extra by crouching at the start, which is significant in some jumps, and even helps with the ones you'd barely be able to get without crouching. Yes, I kept the angle the same on my mouse ;P
 
I just tested it to make sure. You get about a foot extra by crouching at the start, which is significant in some jumps, and even helps with the ones you'd barely be able to get without crouching. Yes, I kept the angle the same on my mouse ;P

Hmmmmmm.

Okay you win :P
 
meh, I still need to unlock the FaN. doesn't look too terribly hard to learn. I also don't really see it being all that OP. Time will tell the tale, if scouts are using it to get to clearly unreachable areas, then yeah... But I don't see it going much higher than a demo/soldier.

I saw a rocketjump vid of someone navigating a custom map using only perfectly timed rocketjumps. Perhaps something similar with FaN jumping soon?
 
meh, I still need to unlock the FaN. doesn't look too terribly hard to learn. I also don't really see it being all that OP. Time will tell the tale, if scouts are using it to get to clearly unreachable areas, then yeah... But I don't see it going much higher than a demo/soldier.

I saw a rocketjump vid of someone navigating a custom map using only perfectly timed rocketjumps. Perhaps something similar with FaN jumping soon?

I can definitely see a scout jump map coming up tuned for the FaN. There are already scout jump maps, but they were made before the triple jump was possible.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top